- 8 min ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- News Rajasthan extends night curfew to minimise spread of virus
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2020: Kumar Sangakkara says one option is to cancel it
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title Of Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Honda Jazz BS6 hatchback has been teased ahead of its launch by the company. The upcoming hatchback is expected to retain most of its design features with minor changes made to the car.
Honda has teased the Jazz BS6 model on their official website ahead of its launch. Although most of the car will carry-forward its design features we expect some changes to be made by the company to the BS6 model.
The Jazz BS6 models could see slight changes to the interiors of the car. The touchpad air-con control seen on the older models is expected to be replaced with a physical button control unit by the company on the upcoming model. Apart from this, other minor changes to the dashboard and upholstery are expected as well.
The BS6 Honda Jazz is likely to feature the same 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine options that were powering the BS4 models. In its BS4 format, the 1.2-litre petrol engine produced 89bhp and 110Nm of torque, came mated to a five-speed manual or an optional CVT automatic; while the 1.5-litre diesel motor churned out 98bhp and 200Nm of torque, and came to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The BS6 hatchback will continue to feature the seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It will also feature Bluetooth connectivity, cruise control, a semi-digital instrument cluster, climate control, and a start/stop push button; among others.
The safety net on the premium hatchback will include dual-airbags, ABS with EBD, a rear camera with parking sensors, ISOFIX child seat anchors, and more. The hatchback is expected to be offered with six airbags on the top trims.
Once launched, the Honda Jazz will rival the Hyundai i20, the Volkswagen Polo, the Maruti Baleno, the Toyota Glanza, and the Tata Altroz. The premium hatchback segment is highly competitive in India, however, with petrol and diesel powertrain options the Jazz is expected to fare well against its rivals.
The upcoming Honda Jazz models are expected to be priced slightly higher than its BS4 counterpart because of achieving BS6 compliance. The exact figures are yet to be revealed by the company.
Thoughts About The Honda Jazz BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch
The Honda Jazz offers a good amount of space and can comfortably seat five. The hatchback is expected to be offered with petrol and diesel powertrains, which is a rarity these days. This will certainly help the hatchback gain traction as far as sales are concerned, considering most of its rivals do not arrive a diesel engine option.