- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Finance RIL's New Deal: Qualcomm To Invest Rs 730 Crore In Jio Platforms
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The launch of the Honda HR-V in the Indian market has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Honda had first showcased an interest in launching the SUV back in 2017 but did not. However, now the company is working introducing the new-gen version for the HR-V mid-size SUV.
According to a report by GaadiWaadi, Honda originally had planned to launch the SUV early next year. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Japanese carmaker has postponed the launch event by a few months, to May 2021.
The Honda HR-V is expected to measure about 4,400 mm in length, 1,790 mm in width and 1,590 mm in height, which is slightly more than the current model. However, the wheelbase measuring at 2,610 mm is expected to remain the same.
Mechanically, the new-gen HR-V is expected to be powered by both petrol and diesel powertrains, but in different tunes. One of them is a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine. Some of the features that the new SUV is expected to receive are full-LED headlamps and tail lamps, 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and Weblink connectivity.
It is also likely to get the Honda Connect telematics system with 32 connected-car tech, Alexa remote capability, a 7.0-inch MID, paddle shifters (for CVT only), rear sunshade, an electric sunroof, auto-dimming IRVM, and ambient lighting out of many.
In other recent auto news, Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has announced that it will be extending the warranty enrollment period for its two-wheelers. Customers can avail an extended warranty of three years within 550 days (or less than 1.5 years old) after the day of purchase of the vehicle.
This scheme is valid across the nation and will cover major damaged parts at minimum cost. It is also transferable if the vehicle changes owners and the customers can also get a fast and efficient quality replacement up to 6 long years. It also enhances the resale value of your two-wheeler over the years.
Thoughts About The Honda HR-V
We are expecting the Honda HR-V to be priced around Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom mark. Once launched, the Honda HR-V will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the MG Hector.