- 1 hr ago Groupe PSA Announces The Launch Of Eurorepar Products In India: Will Be Available Through GoMechanic
- 2 hrs ago Honda H’Ness CB 350 Unveiled Globally In India: A New Roadster Motorcycle From The Brand
- 3 hrs ago Pininfarina To Design New Ford SUVs For India: Read More To Find Out
- 4 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival KTM Duke 390 & Adventure 390
- News Babri verdict runs counter to SC judgement, constitutional spirit: Congress
- Sports IPL 2020: All eyes on Rahul Tewatia once again
- Finance IT Index Up 27% YTD: Here's Why Brokerages See Further Upside
- Movies Ranvir Shorey Wonders Why People Are Trying To Shut Up Kangana Ranaut: Actors Say Sensational Things
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Leaked Hours Ahead Of Official Launch; Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Isabelle Kaif Inspires Us To Spruce Up Our Wardrobe With A Basic Comfortable Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
Honda Cars India Limited has announced a 285 percent month-on-month growth for July 2020. The brand registered 5,383 units in sales for the month, as compared to the 1,398 units the brand sold during June this year.
Mr Rajesh Goel, the Senior Vice President, and Director for Marketing and Sales at Honda Cars India Limited said that sales improved during July and that the company has had to up its production operations to 60 percent to meet demand.
Mr Goel said, "July was action packed as we launched 3 models - New WR-V, Civic BS-6 Diesel and all-new 5th generation Honda City, which have helped us create excitement in the market and improve buying sentiment. City, in particular, has received an astounding customer response and has been able to stimulate the mid-size sedan segment."
"We gradually ramped up our production to 60 percent of pre-COVID level in July and despatched the entire available factory stock with us registering a sequential growth of 285 percent over June 2020," he added.
The brand also said that sales are expected to increase over the next month because of the festive season, and that demand will be strong enough to result in recovery of sales even though there are micro-lockdowns across multiple markets.
In Honda related news, the brand has plans to launch a hybrid vehicle at some point during 2021. The brand has been researching and developing the vehicle over the last four years.
While the brand has been quiet about the vehicle, industry speculation is that it could be either the brand's Jazz or City models that will feature the new hybrid engine.
Honda offered a hybrid engine with its Accord model until earlier this year, but discontinued it because of poor sales. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Honda's 285 Percent Month-On-Month Growth For July 2020
One can expect sales to increase over the next few weeks as the country slowly goes back to business as usual, and with the festivities around the corner. Add to that pent up buying sentiments over the months that saw most folk confined to their homes. We think Honda, and other manufacturers will soon have better sales numbers.