- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 3 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Ajay Bhupathi Files Cyber Crime Case Against Fraudster For Using His Name To Dupe Aspiring Actresses
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Honda Cars India has discontinued the diesel powertrain from its flagship SUV, the CR-V in the Indian market. The Honda CR-V SUV is now available with a single BS6-compliant petrol engine option, priced at Rs 28.27 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Honda hasn't announced the exact reason for the discontinuation of the diesel engine from the CR-V. Although the official website has been updated, now showcasing the SUV with just the one engine choice.
The 2020 Honda CR-V SUV is now offered with a single BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine. This produces 150bhp and 189Nm of peak torque, mated to a CVT automatic gearbox. Previously, the Honda CR-V was also offered with a 1.6-litre diesel engine unit. It produced 118bhp at 4000rpm and 300Nm of torque at 2000rpm, mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission unit, with paddle shifters.
Currently, there is no information, whether Honda will bring in a new diesel engine for the CR-V. The company could also have discontinued it altogether, leaving the SUV to be powered by just the petrol engine.
Apart from the discontinuation of the diesel engine, no other changes have been made to the flagship SUV of Honda. The CR-V continues to carry forward all the features and equipment from the previous model.
Honda launched the new-generation CR-V back in 2018. The full-size SUV has over the past two years, performed decently well, although not comparable to the sales volume of some of its rivals in the segment.
Honda Cars India recently announced the reopening of 155 of its dealerships in the country. The restart of sales and service operations from Honda is part of the government's relaxations, allowing vehicle manufacturers to reopen showrooms situated in the green zones of certain cities. Apart from the reopening of dealerships, Honda also announced the start of production at its plant in India as well — here are more details.
Thoughts On The Honda CR-V Diesel Being Discontinued
The Honda CR-V is the brand's flagship SUV offering in the Indian market. The CR-V has been on sale in the Indian market for a long time, however, it hasn't gained the level of success compared to some of its other rivals in the segment, such as the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.