- 23 min ago Tata Harrier Sales Increases In July 2020: Registers 33 Percent Increase Last Month
- 35 min ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV Officially Teased: India Launch Timeline Revealed
- 1 hr ago Honda Likely To Introduce A Hybrid Car In 2021: Read More To Find Out
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Scheduled To Unveil On August 15: Will Be An Online Event
- Sports Spain and Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas announces retirement
- Movies Sushant's Ex Ankita Lokhande Shares Cryptic Post Which Says 'I Cannot Be Bought & I Cannot Be Sold'
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate Improves In July To Pre-COVID Levels
- Technology Oppo K7 5G With Quad Rear Camera Setup Launched: All You Need To Know
- News New India: Story of 13 yr old entrepreneur, who launches his own start up in Mumbai
- Lifestyle Bhadrapada 2020: Here’s Significance And Festivals To Be Celebrated In This Month
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Honda Cars India has launched the BS6-compliant diesel engine on its Civic sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda Civic diesel BS6 sedan is offered in two variants: VX and ZX, with the lower trim offered at a price tag of Rs 20.72 lakh. The higher-spec ZX trim, on the other hand, is priced at a slight premium of Rs 22.34 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Talking about the engine, the Honda Civic diesel BS6 engine comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-DTEC turbocharged unit. It produces 118bhp at 4000rpm and 300Nm of peak torque at 2000rpm and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The i-DTEC diesel engine on the Honda Civic is part of the brand's Earth Dream Technology Series. This ensures the diesel engine offers a perfect combination of both performance and maximum efficiency as well. Honda claims that the BS6-compliant diesel engine on the Civic is capable of returning a mileage of 23.9k/l.
Rajesh Goel, Sr. VP & Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"Honda is committed to bringing its latest and advanced environment-friendly technologies to the Indian market. With the introduction of the BS6 diesel version of our iconic sedan Honda Civic, our entire sedan lineup will offer the choice of both Petrol and Diesel to cater to our esteemed customers. The Diesel Civic is available in Manual Transmission and will appeal to customers looking for sheer driving pleasure."
Apart from the BS6 update, both variants of the Honda Civic, namely VX and ZX now come with curtain airbags, taking the tally to six airbags as standard.
No other changes have been made on the brand's premium sedan offering in the Indian market. The Honda Civic is also offered with a BS6-compliant petrol engine as well. This comes in the form of a 1.8-litre i-VTEC which is further mated exclusively to a CVT automatic transmission unit.
Both variants of the Honda Civic come with a host of features and equipment as standard. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, large touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone automatic climate control, electric sunroof and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Honda Civic Diesel BS6 Launch In India
The Honda Civic BS6 Diesel has been introduced in the Indian market. The premium Honda Civic is a popular offering in India's premium sedan segment and rivals the Skoda Octavia and the likes.