- 28 min ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 55 min ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- 2 hrs ago Skoda To Launch New C-Segment Sedan This Year In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago New Lexus LC 500h Limited Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.15 Crore
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: India Legends vs Bangladesh Legends: Timing, Fantasy Tips, Other Info
- Technology Realme GT 5G With Snapdragon 888 SoC Goes Official: Price, Specifications
- Finance Govt. Keeps Interest Rate Steady At 8.5% For FY 2020-21 On EPF
- Movies Nikki Tamboli Has Several Film Offers Coming Her Way After Bigg Boss 14? Read On
- News UK MPs to debate safety of protesters in India, press freedom next week
- Lifestyle Roohi Song Nadiyon Paar: Janhvi Kapoor Sets The Dance Floor On Fire With Her Sizzling Look In Golden Dress
- Education JEE Main Result 2021 February Session To Release Soon
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Honda Cars India has launched the BS6-compliant diesel engine on its Civic sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda Civic diesel BS6 sedan is offered in two variants: VX and ZX, with the lower trim offered at a price tag of Rs 20.72 lakh. The higher-spec ZX trim, on the other hand, is priced at a slight premium of Rs 22.34 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Talking about the engine, the Honda Civic diesel BS6 engine comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-DTEC turbocharged unit. It produces 118bhp at 4000rpm and 300Nm of peak torque at 2000rpm and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The i-DTEC diesel engine on the Honda Civic is part of the brand's Earth Dream Technology Series. This ensures the diesel engine offers a perfect combination of both performance and maximum efficiency as well. Honda claims that the BS6-compliant diesel engine on the Civic is capable of returning a mileage of 23.9k/l.
Rajesh Goel, Sr. VP & Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"Honda is committed to bringing its latest and advanced environment-friendly technologies to the Indian market. With the introduction of the BS6 diesel version of our iconic sedan Honda Civic, our entire sedan lineup will offer the choice of both Petrol and Diesel to cater to our esteemed customers. The Diesel Civic is available in Manual Transmission and will appeal to customers looking for sheer driving pleasure."
Apart from the BS6 update, both variants of the Honda Civic, namely VX and ZX now come with curtain airbags, taking the tally to six airbags as standard.
No other changes have been made on the brand's premium sedan offering in the Indian market. The Honda Civic is also offered with a BS6-compliant petrol engine as well. This comes in the form of a 1.8-litre i-VTEC which is further mated exclusively to a CVT automatic transmission unit.
Both variants of the Honda Civic come with a host of features and equipment as standard. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, large touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone automatic climate control, electric sunroof and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Honda Civic Diesel BS6 Launch In India
The Honda Civic BS6 Diesel has been introduced in the Indian market. The premium Honda Civic is a popular offering in India's premium sedan segment and rivals the Skoda Octavia and the likes.