- 9 min ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 18 min ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- 31 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020: Maruti Alto Retains Its Top-Selling Car Title Yet Again!
- 59 min ago Check This Beautifully Modified Premier Padmini: Read More To Find Out
- Movies Hansal Mehta Slams Rhea Chakraborty's Media Trial; Says Media Is Not Competent To Examine The Case
- News NEET Superspecialty Exam 2020 exam table released; register on natboard.edu.in before 24 August
- Lifestyle How To Fake A Thicker Hairline
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 3 Promotional Offer; You Can Win ROG Phone 3
- Sports Ronaldo buys World's most expensive car, a Bugatti Centodieci
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Honda Cars India is gearing up to launch another vehicle in the India n market. The company is currently selling their flagship sedan, the Civic only in petrol variants. However, automaker recently announced that they will be introducing a diesel variant soon in the Indian market.
According to the recent reports from carandbike, Honda is expected to launch the Civic BS6 diesel sometime next week in the country. Pre-bookings for the diesel sedan is already underway ahead of its launch.
The Honda Civic diesel is expected to be powered by an updated version of the same engine as seen on the BS4 models. The 1.6-litre i-DTEC four-cylinder diesel engine in its BSIV format produced a maximum power of 118bhp at 4,000rpm and a peak torque of 300 Nm at 2,000rpm.
It came mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard with no optional automatic. The BS6 power train is expected to produce similar power and torque figures as the BS4 models along with the segment-best fuel efficiency mated to a diesel powertrain.
Apart from the engine updated, the rest of the features and equipment will be carried forward from its petrol-powered variants. The tenth-gen Civic features a new-age design. It comes equipped with LED headlamps with LED DRLs, a C-shaped LED tail-lamp, fog lamps with chrome surrounds, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, and a small raised boot lip spoiler.
On the inside, it features a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and voice-assisted commands, a multifunction steering wheel, a push-button for start/stop function, dual-zone climate control, digital instrument cluster, and electric sunroof; among others.
Alongside the diesel powertrain, the Civic is also offered with a petrol powertrain. It is powered by a 1.8-litre unit producing 140bhp of power and 174Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a standard CVT automatic gearbox.
The Honda Civic rivals the Skoda Octavia and the Hyundai Elantra in the Indian market. The Civic petrol model is offered in three variants: V, VX and ZX. The executive sedan retails between Rs 17.94 lakh and Rs 21.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
In related news, Honda has recently launched the 2020 WR-V in the Indian market. The latest iteration of the compact-SUV features subtle changes made inside and out. The new model retails at a starting price of Rs 8.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India) — here are all details.