- 1 hr ago Coronavirus Pandemic: Indian Army Modifies Bus To Carry Coronavirus Patients Along With Medical Aids
- 1 hr ago Jeep To Introduce A Compact SUV In Indian Market: Will Rival Hyundai Venue
- 2 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Pitstop Offers Free Vehicle Maintenance For Essential Service Providers
- 3 hrs ago Harley Davidson 1200 Custom BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 10.77 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Movies Fantastic Beasts Star Dan Fogler Says, 3rd Instalment In The Series Is Leading Towards A Massive War
- Technology Honor 30S Price Tipped Just Ahead Of Official Launch
- Lifestyle Coronavirus Face Masks: Types, When And How To Use
- Sports After IPL 2020, Asia Cup faces cancellation due to Coronavirus outbreak
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In South India In April
- Finance Sensex Plunges 1400 Points As Coronavirus Infections Rise
- News Delhi: Doctors on COVID-19 duty at 2 city hospitals to be accommodated at Lalit Hotel
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Japan based auto manufacturer, Honda, has announced that it will unveil the all new fifth-generation Honda City on 16 March. According to Autocar India, the company will also officially open bookings for the vehicle at the unveil event.
The upcoming Honda City 2020 model will arrive with minor changes made over international models. The front fascia of the vehicle features sharper LED headlamps, LED DRLs, and redesigned bumpers, front grille, and fog lamps.
Interiors will feature an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, an electric sunroof, a digital instrument cluster, and rear air conditioning vents, among a list of other creature comforts.
Safety features on the 2020 Honda City will include ABS with EBD, cruise control, vehicle stability control, rear parking sensors and camera, and ISOFIX child safety anchors among a host of others.
Honda's fifth-generation sedan will arrive with BS6 compliant 1.5-litre petrol and diesel options. The 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine produces 117 brake horsepower and 145Nm of torque.
The 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine produces100 brake horsepower and 200Nm of torque. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and a CVT automatic.
There are rumors that the Honda City RS Turbo might be launched in India as well. The RS Turbo variant features a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 122 brake horsepower and 173Nm of torque.
Current-generation models are priced between Rs 9.91 lakh and Rs 14.31 lakh, and we expect the 2020 Honda City models to be priced between Rs 10.5 lakh and Rs 16.5 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Honda City 2020 Model Being Unveiled On 16 March
The City has always been on of Honda's best selling models in the country. We expect the new 2020 models to do better than any previous generation models, as long as Honda keeps the price competitive enough.
In addition, we think the RS Turbo model could become the next best selling City variant for Honda. The company should seriously think about launching the model in the country, if they haven't already. Stay tuned, we're covering the unveiling of the 2020 Honda City, and will bring you all the news as it breaks.