- 1 hr ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 17 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 19 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- Movies Indian Idol All Set To Return With Season 12; To Have Virtual Auditions Due To COVID-19
- Sports Ben Stokes took cigarette break to calm nerves ahead of World Cup final Super Over
- News Coronavirus: Arvind Kejriwal launches second plasma bank for COVID-19 patients in Delhi
- Finance Barbeque Nation Gets Approval From SEBI To Issue IPO
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Global Variant Gets NCC Certification; New Design Confirmed
- Lifestyle What Are The Best Exercises To Sleep Better?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Like major auto manufacturers in the country, Honda Cars India has announced a resumption of operations by opening 155 dealerships across orange and green zones across India. Honda is the latest automaker to resume operations.
The brand has acquired all necessary approvals and permissions from local governing authorities to resume operations. In addition, safety is of top priority right now, and Honda is working closely with all its dealerships to ensure that steps are being taken to protect their employees and customers, and to ensure prevention of spreading of the Covid-19 virus.
Mr Rajesh Goel, the Senior Vice President and Director for Sales and Marketing at Honda Cars India Ltd said, "With the gradual opening of dealerships in coming days, our objective is to reignite the joy of buying for our customers at a time when personal mobility will gain extreme significance. The dealerships will increasingly be able to focus on servicing vehicles being used by essential service staff like doctors as also for breakdown vehicles."
Standard Operating Procedures issued for dealerships include preparation before resumption of operations in terms of facility readiness, equipment fitness checks, availability of personal protective and sanitisation equipment, manpower readiness and sanitisation.
Honda plans to adopt customer experience practices (once operations resume) that ensure minimum physical contact, and extensive use of digital mediums for product explanation and online communication for sales and service needs.
Part of Honda's standard operating procedures also include specific guidelines regarding entry into dealership facilities, vehicle test drives, sales activities, collection of cars for services, road tests, shop floor handling, and delivering cars back to customers.
Honda Cars India has also resumed production at its Tapukara plant and is waiting for approval for its Noida facility to restart operations.
In related news, the brand recently launched its ‘Honda From Home' initiative. Essentially a digital booking and buying platform, the initiative allows for customers to experience purchasing a Honda car from the comfort of their homes. Customers can browse through all of the brand's offerings and can make a booking as well. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Honda Cars India Resuming Operations Across The Country
Well, this is good news. However, one has to wait until sales start picking up. Manufacturers resuming operations is one part of a bigger Eco-system. The other part, the more important part, is customers flocking to buy vehicles like they did until just a few months ago. This is still some time away considering spending patterns have changed.