- just now MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 1 hr ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Other Details
- Sports IPL 2020 brings cheer to sports channels as viewership, advertising rise: BARC
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Movies Anupriya Goenka On MeToo Allegations Against Anurag Kashyap: I Totally Stand By Him
- News MSP will be hiked continuously in coming years; No threat to farmers' land: Rajnath Singh
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Education NEET Result Date 2020: When NEET UG Exam Result 2020 Will Be Declared?
- Finance Indian Railways Launches Portal For Freight Service
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
China based Great Wall Motors is all set to make its debut in the Indian Market at the Delhi Auto Expo 2019. Great Wall Motors formally announced its Indian debut via a teaser video over its Twitter handle.
The Tweet reads ‘Namaste India! All set for great things ahead.' The company's Haval brand will also make an entry in to the Indian market with the launch of an expected four products.
The end of the teaser video shows a silhouette of an SUV that could most likely be the Haval H6. The SUV has was spotted a couple of weeks ago while testing in the country.
Great Wall Motors is expected to unveil and launch four products in the Indian market. The Haval H2, the H4, the H6, and the H9. Rumor has it that the Haval H4 will be the first model to be launched in India,and will take on the Tata Harrier and MG Hector.
There's also talk that that Great Wall Motors is planning to set up a manufacturing facility at Talegaon, Maharashtra, and have it at operational capacity by July this year.
In related news, Great Wall Motors could also showcase the ORA R1 all-electric car at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020. The ORA R1 has been tagged as the cheapest electric car in the world.
The cheapest electric car in the world offers a rather impressive range of 351 kilometers over a full charge. To understand better, the soon-to-be launched Tata Nexon EV offers roughly 300km.
The ORA R1 all-electric is powered by a 35kW motor and is priced between 59,800 Yuan and 77,800 Yuan, translating to roughly between Rs 6.0 lakh and Rs 9.0 lakh, plus taxes and registration of course.
Thoughts About Great Wall Motors Making An Entry In To The India Markets
Chinese automotive brands have understood that the Indian automotive markets markets have immense potential. China owned MG Motor has tasted a lot of success in the country, and other big players want a piece of the action.
Also, if Great Wall Motors is able to price the ORA R1 between Rs 6.0 lakh and Rs 9.0 lakh in India, the Chinese made all-electric car will do very well. Pricing is a big factor that keeps people away from electric vehicles at the moment, and the ORA R1 could be a possible solution.