- 1 hr ago Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai ‘Click to Buy’ Online Purchasing Service Launched Across India
- 2 hrs ago Maxxis Tyres Partners With Yamaha: To Sell Co-Branded Tyres At Yamaha Dealerships
- 3 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 Motorcycles Teased Ahead Of India Launch
- Sports Pujara's deal with Gloucestershire called off due to COVID-19 pandemic
- News 8 ESIC hospitals with 1,042 beds declared COVID-19 facilities for all insured persons
- Lifestyle How To Cut Your Own Hair And Not Regret It Later!
- Movies Hum Paanch Starring Vidya Balan, Ashok Saraf To Be Rerun On Television; Ashok Says He Had No Idea
- Technology LG Teases Upcoming Smartphone Revealing Raindrop Camera, Design
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
Geneva Motor Show 2020 cancelled due to coronavirus alert. The Switzerland government has banned any large gatherings as a precaution to the new coronavirus outbreak. This would become a major setback to manufacturers that were participating in the event.
The 2020 edition of the Geneva International Motor Show (GIMS) was scheduled between March 5th to 15th. However, the Switzerland government has banned large events expected to draw more than 1,000 people as an extraordinary measure to prevent the new coronavirus outbreak, forcing the cancellation of the Geneva car show.
Antonio Hodgers, head of the regional cantonal government for Geneva, said, "The Geneva International Motor Show will not take place,". The Swiss government has put this plan in action to avoid large groups in confined places like concert halls and carnival celebrations. However, the train stations and shopping malls have been exempted from the rule, said the officials.
After a cabinet meeting, the officials informed that no large-scale events involving more than 1,000 people will take place in the country. The ban will come into effect immediately and will apply without a definite end date.
The organisers of the 2020 Geneva International Motor Show, Palexpo, have informed the auto manufacturers that the event has been called off. Also, there are many trade fairs and industry conferences which are delayed due to precautionary measures and concerns during travelling as well.
In the previous edition of the Geneva International Motor Show, Tata Motors had showcased the seven-seater Harrier SUV now called the Gravitas, the H2X micro-SUV concept, production-spec Altroz hatchback and the Altroz EV concept. However, this time we would miss out on a lot of vehicles that were expected to get showcased at this year's motor show.
Thoughts About The 2020 Geneva International Motor Show Cancelled
The Coronavirus outbreak seems to have rattled the entire world. The business transactions have slowed down globally, and the travel industry has taken a major hit among others. Many automotive manufacturers would have prepared for the International Motor Show well in advance to showcase their product, however, it is disheartened to see all their efforts go in vain. The decision from the Swiss government is legit as they have to take all the necessary precautions to prevent the virus from spreading. We hope everything comes back to order soon.