- 1 hr ago Hero Reveals New Seat Covers And Helmet For The XPulse 200 BS6
- 1 hr ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- Technology Realme Might Launch 100W+ Fast-Charging Technology In July
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Speaks About His Family, Says He Will Do Anything For Them
- Sports World Cup winner Jack Charlton dies
- Finance Gland Pharma Files For Rs 1,250 Crore IPO
- News Toddler tests positive for COVID-19
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ford India has announced the extension of free service and warranty period deadlines in the country, amidst the coronavirus lockdown. The company also stated that they will start production of face shields at their Sanand and Chennai facilities, to support the central government's fight against the deadly virus.
According to the announcement, Ford will be offering a free-of-cost extension for customers whose warranty period expires between the 15th of March and 30th of May. The deadline for the warranty period for such customers will be extended till 30th of June.
The company has also announced a three-month extension of the free scheduled service period of customer vehicles. Ford stated that the extension will not affect their standard or extended warranty.
Ford will be offering 24x7 roadside assistance free-of-cost to all customers in case of any emergency during this period. This is applicable to even those customers who have not subscribed for the RSA services. Customers will be able to contact customer care through all channels, including mail, SMS and social media pages.
Apart from this, Ford India has also announced that the company will be starting production of face shields at its Sanand and Chennai facilities. The company has set up a team at both their plants for the manufacture of face shields, which will be distributed to doctors, healthcare workers and others.
The company also stated that they are working on raising USD 1 million as part of its global COVID-19 donation program. Furthermore, the company has also pledged to contribute to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) as well.
Ford joins a long line of automotive manufacturers who are supporting the central and state governments to fight the deadly virus in India. Other companies like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, MG Motors and others have previously announced their contributions as well.
Multiple startups in various cities across India are also doing their bit offering support during this tough period as well — here are the details.
Thoughts On Ford India's Contribution To Fight COVID-19 In India
Ford India is the latest automotive manufacturer in India to announce their support towards the fight against coronavirus in India. The company is also taking all steps to ensure customer satisfaction in the country as well.