- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Ford Ranger has been in the news in the recent past. The Ford Ranger has not been officially launched in India but the vehicle has been spotted testing a couple of times, hence, indicating that the company is going to introduce the SUV sometime soon. According to some reports, Ford is expected to launch the Ranger SUV sometime around the mid of 2021.
Recently, according to a report by TeamBHP, partly assembled chassis of Ford Ranger pick-up trucks have been spotted somewhere near Chennai Ennore / Kattupalli port. These SUVs were spotted being transported on a flatbed. Nine trucks were carrying two pick-up trucks each and the vehicles were brand new but none of them had the rear loading bay, doors or even bumpers installed. The Ranger was spotted in Coimbatore.
The Ford Ranger shares its underpinnings with Endeavour which is sold internationally as the Everest. The Endeavour is built on the same ladder on a frame chassis as the SUV. However, in the Raptor, the chassis has been further strengthened along with its front suspension setup.
The Ford Raptor will be equipped with Fox 2.5-inch off-road racing coil-overs. This setup will offer 30 per cent more travel than the one in the regular model, hence proving better off-road capabilities.
The Ford Ranger is expected to be powered by the same engine that does its duty on the Endeavour. The powertrain is a 2.0-litre, turbocharged diesel engine that pumps out 165bhp of power and 420Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger is an excellent vehicle. It is big, bold and looks like it is ready to take on any obstacle that is thrown in front of it. However, the craze for SUVs in India is a lot, so once Ford launches the Ranger, we expect the SUV to get a good amount of traction.