- 5 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News If talks can happen with China, why not with other neighbour: Farooq Abdullah in LS
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Sports IPL 2020: DC vs KXIP: We will start the tournament strong: Delhi Capitals Coach Ricky Ponting
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Reveals Ranveer Singh Was His Choice For Bombay Velvet; Studios Didn’t Believe In Him
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Ford India Private Limited has announced the launch of it's Dial-A-Ford service across select cities in the country. The new initiative allows for customers to book a service for their vehicles.
Ford's new service is at no cost to customers, and removes the need for one having to go to a service center for regular maintenance, thereby preventing the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and enabling social distancing.
The Dial-A-Ford initiative allows for owners to book services for their vehicles either at their homes, or and any other place that is convenient for them. It also allows for smaller repair work to be done.
Bigger jobs that involve the use of more sophisticated tools and equipment will still have to be carried out at a Ford authorised service center.
Customers need to call Ford's centrally controlled contact helpline number to select services required and to set up a date, time, and location for the service.
A call can also be placed to troubleshoot basic issues, and customers can also schedule services with a pick-up and drop-off facility.
Outside of service and repairs, existing and prospective customers cans also schedule test drives for the brand's portfolio, and can also have new vehicles delivered to their doorstep.
Ford currently offers the Dial-A-Ford service at Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Thane and Trivandrum. The brand is expected to add more cities to the Dial-A-Ford service location list.
In Ford related news, the brand is preparing to launch its Figo hatchback with an automatic transmission. The vehicle will be available with a six-speed torque-convertor as an optional.
The new transmission system has been borrowed from the brand's EcoSport offering, and will be available only for the Figo petrol models, along with the five-speed manual that is offered as a standard. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Dial-A-Ford Service Launched In India
We think this is the future of vehicular service in the country. Most people are hesitant to visit a dealership or an authorised service center because of the Covid-19 crisis, and once can expect most, if not all manufacturers to offer at home services. Brands such as Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Tata motors, and Hyundai have already announced similar initiatives.