- 2 min ago KTM Duke 390 Engine Case Breaks Open Completely While Riding: Watch Video Here!
- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 3 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- News Himachal Pradesh Power minister Sukh Ram Chaudhary tests positive for COVID-19
- Movies Sameer Sharma Had Shared A Powerful Post On Mental Health After Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death
- Technology Oppo A52 Arrives With New Configuration In India: Price And Sale Details
- Sports Marquez broke arm plate opening window at home
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Ford India Private Limited has announced the launch of it's Dial-A-Ford service across select cities in the country. The new initiative allows for customers to book a service for their vehicles.
Ford's new service is at no cost to customers, and removes the need for one having to go to a service center for regular maintenance, thereby preventing the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and enabling social distancing.
The Dial-A-Ford initiative allows for owners to book services for their vehicles either at their homes, or and any other place that is convenient for them. It also allows for smaller repair work to be done.
Bigger jobs that involve the use of more sophisticated tools and equipment will still have to be carried out at a Ford authorised service center.
Customers need to call Ford's centrally controlled contact helpline number to select services required and to set up a date, time, and location for the service.
A call can also be placed to troubleshoot basic issues, and customers can also schedule services with a pick-up and drop-off facility.
Outside of service and repairs, existing and prospective customers cans also schedule test drives for the brand's portfolio, and can also have new vehicles delivered to their doorstep.
Ford currently offers the Dial-A-Ford service at Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Thane and Trivandrum. The brand is expected to add more cities to the Dial-A-Ford service location list.
In Ford related news, the brand is preparing to launch its Figo hatchback with an automatic transmission. The vehicle will be available with a six-speed torque-convertor as an optional.
The new transmission system has been borrowed from the brand's EcoSport offering, and will be available only for the Figo petrol models, along with the five-speed manual that is offered as a standard. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Dial-A-Ford Service Launched In India
We think this is the future of vehicular service in the country. Most people are hesitant to visit a dealership or an authorised service center because of the Covid-19 crisis, and once can expect most, if not all manufacturers to offer at home services. Brands such as Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Tata motors, and Hyundai have already announced similar initiatives.