- 25 min ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz Registers 2,984 Units In Sales For The Months January To June 2020
- Technology ISRO To Launch Brazil’s Amazonia-1 Satellite Next Month
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City to offer two players for Koulibaly, Liverpool won't pursue Thiago
- News Chaos out there says US national who does not want to leave Kerala
- Movies Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur Set Out To Explore His Panvel Farmhouse In Monsoon [PICS AND VIDEO]
- Finance Jio Platforms Receives Payments From 4 More Investors On Stake Sale Deals
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, a lot of businesses have either slowed down or shut down across the world. India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. The automobile industry has also taken a big hit and a lot of dealerships across our country are on the verge of shutting down permanently. To prevent this, automobile manufacturers are doing their best to keep the business alive.
Ford India has introduced the ‘Dial-A-Ford' initiative for convenience as the dealerships resume operations following the government's guidelines amidst COVID-19. This new initiative will allow customers to connect with a Ford team and after that, the customer can check for the booking, test drive, or even doorstep delivery of their new vehicle.
Ford India has is now emphasising on practices related to the sanitisation of Ford dealerships and service centers. All vehicles in the sales, as well as the service process, will be thoroughly disinfected at the time of delivery, pick-up, and drop-off. Also, all dealer employees and customers will have their temperature checked with infrared thermometers.
Ford is also offering a three-month extension in availing all scheduled service benefits which will also include free service, till 30 June. Customers with an expired warranty on their cars or set to expire between March 15 and May 30 will be offered a free-of-cost extension till June 30.
In other COVID-19 news, recently Hyundai Motor India Ltd. has come up with a list of comprehensive measures aimed at ensuring that the dealerships and workshops across the country are prepared to meet the highest levels of sanitation and hygiene.
According to the guidelines laid down by Hyundai dealerships across India will have to follow rules from the customers' arrival to departure. This will include display car and test drive car preparedness, customer lounge and washrooms sanitization, delivery process of the new and serviced cars, contactless demonstration and servicing. Thermal screening of employees and visitors has also been facilitated.
Thoughts About The Initiative Put Forward By Ford India Amidst COVID-19
Manufacturers are doing their best to safeguard their dealerships, workshops, and their customers. By setting guidelines and following rules business can be conducted in an orderly manner as the Government eases the lockdown amidst COVID-19.