- 6 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 8 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 9 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 24 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 42: KKR vs DC: Innings report: Rana, Narine propel Kolkata Knight Riders to 194
- Movies Sujatha To Re-Enter Bigg Boss Telugu 4? Read Deets Inside
- News Gupkar Declaration anti-BJP, not anti-national; Farooq Abdullah named People's Alliance chief
- Finance Which ITR Form Is Pertinent To You As A Taxpayer?
- Lifestyle Navratri 2020: Significance Of Bengal Maha Navami
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale On Smartphones And Other Electronics Gadgets
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Ford India has trademarked the Basecamp name in the Indian market. The company could be launching another new variant of the Endevaour SUV in the country under the newly trademarked Basecamp name.
A government document has revealed the details of the upcoming SUV variant. The Basecamp model is currently sold in various international markets as part of the SUV's variant line-up. The Endeavour sold as Everest in international markets is offered with accessories package in the name of Basecamp.
The Basecamp accessories list includes a host of added trims to the standard model to make it off-road ready. This includes a nudge bar, bonnet protector, snorkel, tow bar, LED light bar, roof-mounted carry bars, roof platform and more.
Apart from all the design changes, the SUV will remain the same mechanically. It will continue to come powered by a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces 168bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology. The SUV is also offered with an optional four-wheel-drive system on the top-spec variant.
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, the brand's connected technology called ‘FordPass', which enables owners to remotely control their SUV and offer a host of vehicle information as well.
Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a panoramic sunroof, a Terrain Management System, hill hold assist, hill descent control and a host of other features.
In related news, Ford has launched a new variant of the Ford Endeavour SUV called the Sport in the Indian market. The Endevaour variant prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India
Ford is looking to bring all the special editions variants that are currently offered with the Endevaour SUV in international markets. IT will help boost sales of the SUV in the Indian market by offering in-house customizations options with its flagship SUV model.