- 1 hr ago MG ZS Petrol Could Be Called Astor In India: Will Rival The Hyundai Creta
- 2 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: MG Motor India Register A Massive 215% Yearly Sales Growth With 4329 Units
- 3 hrs ago Tata Tiago & Tigor CNG Variants Spotted Testing Once Again Ahead Of Launch: Read More!
- 4 hrs ago Atum 1.0 Cafe-Racer Style Electric Motorcycle Commences Its Deliveries: Read More To Find Out!
- Lifestyle Golden Globes 2021: Did Emma Corrin Find A Connect Between Pierrot Clown And Lady Diana With Her Gown?
- Movies Aditya Narayan Reveals Reason For Giving Indian Idol A Miss; Blames His Right Calf Injury
- News SC Judges to be vaccinated from tomorrow, can choose vaccine
- Finance UPI Registered 2.29 Billion Transactions In February
- Sports "Capturing Cricket: Steve Waugh in India" documents legendary Australia captain's journey in India
- Education MIB India Collaborates With IIT Bombay To Start Course In Gaming, VFX, Animation
- Technology Asus ROG Phone To Raise Bars With 18GB RAM; Benchmark Results Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Ford India has trademarked the Basecamp name in the Indian market. The company could be launching another new variant of the Endevaour SUV in the country under the newly trademarked Basecamp name.
A government document has revealed the details of the upcoming SUV variant. The Basecamp model is currently sold in various international markets as part of the SUV's variant line-up. The Endeavour sold as Everest in international markets is offered with accessories package in the name of Basecamp.
The Basecamp accessories list includes a host of added trims to the standard model to make it off-road ready. This includes a nudge bar, bonnet protector, snorkel, tow bar, LED light bar, roof-mounted carry bars, roof platform and more.
Apart from all the design changes, the SUV will remain the same mechanically. It will continue to come powered by a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces 168bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology. The SUV is also offered with an optional four-wheel-drive system on the top-spec variant.
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, the brand's connected technology called ‘FordPass', which enables owners to remotely control their SUV and offer a host of vehicle information as well.
Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a panoramic sunroof, a Terrain Management System, hill hold assist, hill descent control and a host of other features.
In related news, Ford has launched a new variant of the Ford Endeavour SUV called the Sport in the Indian market. The Endevaour variant prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India
Ford is looking to bring all the special editions variants that are currently offered with the Endevaour SUV in international markets. IT will help boost sales of the SUV in the Indian market by offering in-house customizations options with its flagship SUV model.