- 3 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 8 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports Kashyap, Prannoy along with two more test COVID-19 positive
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Sanam Shetty To Get Evicted In The Ninth Week?
- News Doubts on MSP baseless, ready to resolve every suspicion: Centre
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Technology Mystery Nokia Budget Smartphone Gets TENAA Certification; Might Debut Soon
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Ford EcoSport prices have been increased in the Indian market. The price increase is very marginal and has been hiked by Rs 1,500 across all variants of the EcoSport compact-SUV. However, there are no changes or improvements made by the company.
According to the company, the price hike has been effective from October 1, 2020, in the country. Due to the pandemic, a lot of automotive manufacturers are facing supply-chain issues from the supplier end. This has forced most brands to announce increase the prices of its products in the market.
After the recent price increase, the EcoSport compact-SUV retails at Rs 8.19 lakh and Rs 11.73 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The SUV is offered in a special-edition called the ‘Thunder' and is offered in both engine options.
Speaking of engine options, the EcoSport is offered in two engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces a maximum of 121bhp and 149Nm of torque mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
On the other hand, the diesel unit churns out a maximum of 99bhp and 215Nm of torque. The engine comes mates to a five-speed gearbox as standard without an optional automatic. The power is sent to front wheels.
Some of the exterior and interior highlighted features include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, diamond-cut alloy wheels, tailgate-mounted spare tyre, roof rails, all-around body cladding and more.
Other features include a factory-fitted sunroof, climate control, a floating-type touchscreen infotainment system, a semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic headlamps, ambient lighting, dual-tone upholstery and more.
The EcoSport also features the brand's latest iteration of ‘Ford Pass' connected technology system. The Ford Pass system lets the customers access their SUV via a smartphone application to control various features of the car. Additionally, they can also access driver telemetry data as well.
Thoughts About The Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India
The Ford EcoSport prices have been increased marginally in the market. As a result, the sales of the compact-SUV remain unaffected due to the price increase. The EcoSport rivals the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300; among others sold in the Indian market.