- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 6 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Movies Vaani Kapoor On The Massive Success Of Ghungroo Song: It Is All Hrithik; He Gets The Credit For It
- News Farmer leaders considering postponement of Feb 1 foot march to Parliament
- Sports Ronaldo left out of Juve squad for Coppa Italia tie
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active has been unveiled in the global markets. The 2021 EcoSport Activa is a more rugged and off-road inspired version of the standard compact-SUV currently on sale.
The new SUV now joins other international models from the brand's lineup to receive the ‘Active' suffix. Other models also include the popular Fiesta and Focus hatchbacks. The ‘Active' suffix from Ford on their models designates the crossover variants with slightly raised ride heights.
Apart from the slightly increased ground clearance, the new Ford EcoSport Active also comes with a host of other visual changes, updates and enhancements, giving it a more tougher and rugged look.
These changes include black-cladding all around the wheel arches and the front/rear bumpers, exclusive 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, ‘Active' badging on the sides and a host of other blacked-out elements such as the ORVMs, front grille and the roof.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active is based on the higher-spec variants from the SUV's standard lineup. Hence, the new EcoSport Active carries forward a host of features, equipment and tech as well. These include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Ford's SYNC3 technology, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The SUV also comes with automatic headlamps, cruise control and reverse parking camera.
Ford will also be offering the new EcoSport Active with a unique pattern on the seat upholstery with contrast stitching. There will also be an ‘Active X' accessory pack which further adds a host of equipment including a Bang & Olufsen sound system, keyless entry and advanced driver assistance system; among a host of others.
Apart from the cosmetic and slight design changes though, the 2021 Ford EcoSport Active remains unchanged mechanically. In the global market, the new Ford EcoSport Active continues to be available with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine producing 125bhp and 200Nm of peak torque, with a six-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active
The Ford EcoSport Active will definitely be a great addition to the Indian market,better equipped to take on the newer rivals in the segment. However, there is currently no word on the brand bringing the Active-version of the SUV to Indian shores anytime soon.