- 2 hrs ago MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- 5 hrs ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 7 hrs ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- 8 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Snapped Undisguised: India Launch Expected In The Coming Days
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City do the double over clumsy Bengaluru FC
- Movies Chhapaak BTS Video: Deepika Padukone Transforms Into Malti, Meets Laxmi Agarwal For The First Time
- News Let Hyperloop be implemented abroad first: Maharashtra govt
- Lifestyle Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Technology Poco F1 Gets Up To Rs. 10,000 Discount During Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
American automobile manufacturer, Ford Motors, has discontinued the EcoSport's 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbo-petrol engine. The engine was available with the top-of-the-line EcoSport S variant.
The Ford EcoSport was offered with two petrol engine options - a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 121bhp of power & 150Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbo-petrol engine that produces 124bhp of power and 170Nm of torque.
Transmission options for the 1.5-litre engine include a five-speed manual and a six-speed automatic. The 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine however, arrived only with a six-speed manual.
Speculation is that the Ford EcoSport S models will now feature Mahindra's soon-to-be launched 1.2-litre turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine, and will also feature the 1.2-litre 1.2-litre MPFI turbo engine that is featured on the XUV300. The engine produces 113bhp of power and 200Nm of torque.
Ford has announced earlier that they will continue to sell diesel models of their vehicles, and will upgrade all their engines to meet BS6 requirements. The EcoSport will continue to be available with the 1.5-litre diesel engines, albeit in their BS6 avatars.
The current-generation Ford EcoSport models are priced between Rs 7.91 lakh and Rs 11.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). While we still have to wait for official prices for the BS6 compliant models, we expect them to carry a premium of between Rs 25,000 and Rs 35,000.
In Ford related news, the BS6 model of the Ford Endeavour have been making rounds of the internet. The SUV has been spotted testing multiple time over the last few months.
The latest set of spy pics did not reveal any cosmetic upgrades, and speculation is that that the SUV will arrive only with upgrades made to the engines - a 2.2-litre diesel, and a 3.2-litre diesel. To know more about the Endeavor BS6 models, click here.
Thoughts About Ford Discontinuing The 1.0-litre EcoBoost Turbo-Petrol Engine
They say all good things must come to an end; but there's better coming. The EcoSport will definitely benefit from the more powerful Mahindra engines. Bigger engines mean a significant increase in power and performance number. We expect the Ford EcoSport to sell better once the new engines are available.