- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Movies Mafia Day 1 Collection: Arun Vijay, Prasanna Film Makes Good Business At Box Office
- News Trump’s Marine One, mammoth SUV arrives in Ahmedabad
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
California based electric car manufacturer, Fisker Inc. unveiled the all-new Fisker Ocean Electric SUV at the (CES) Consumer Electronics Show 2020, and is planning to launch the SUV in India at some point over the next five years.
According to Carandbike, Fisker Inc. plans to launch the Ocean Electric SUV in the United States late next year. This will be followed by a launch across Europe, and in Chinese markets during 2022.
Fisker Inc. will then concentrate on other markets, and one could expect the Ocean Electric SUV to arrive in India at some point during 2023 or early 2024. The company also has plans to assemble the SUV in India - to manufacture for India, and for export from the country.
Mr Henrik Fisker, the Chairman and Chief Executive Office at Fisker Inc. said, "We designed our Fisker Ocean EV to be extremely space efficient, and we can offer lower cost versions that would be very competitive in India, in the mid-market segment."
"Ultimately we may look at local assembly in India to lower cost further. We want to deliver the world's most sustainable premium electric vehicle to Indian consumers through our App. By going directly to our customers we save on costs that we can pass on to our customers," he added.
The Fisker Ocean SUV features a clean, simple, and elegant dashboard that features a large touchscreen infotainment screen in the center. The vehicle also features a digital instrument cluster, and is said to feature a Heads-Up Display as well.
Outside of the regular functions such as navigation and a speed reading that an HUD offers any way, the HUD installed on the Fisker Ocean electric SUV also displays song lyrics when in Karaoke mode.
The to-be-launched-eventually Ocean SUV has a total of nine windows that include a massive sunroof. One of the highlights of Fisker's all-electric is the California Mode that opens all nine windows (including the sunroof, and the rear windscreen) at a push of a button.
The company says that the Fisker Ocean features an 80kWh battery, and offers a range of 300 kilometers over a full charge. In addition, the Ocean electric SUV is capable of nailing the 0 to 100 kilometers per hour mark in three seconds.
Details about power & performance figures, and charging have not been revealed just yet, but Fisker said that The Ocean Electric SUV will be available with a choice of Two-Wheel Drive and Four Wheel Drive.
Prices for the Fisker Ocean Electric SUV start at USD 37,499 (approximately Rs 27.57 lakh) in its United States markets, however the vehicle actually costs USD 29,999 (approximately Rs 21.25 lakh) after tax credits. It is too early to speculate how much the SUV will cost in India.
Fisker has already opened bookings for the Ocean Electric SUV in the US markets, and say that the first lot of cars has been sold out. Bookings are open for a second lot of Ocean SUV's for a refundable amount to USD 250 (approximately Rs 18,000).
Thoughts About The Fisker Ocean Electric SUV Coming To India Eventually
First, we think the Fisker Ocean SUV is just outstanding. While we have limited information at the moment, we're sure the vehicle arrives loaded to the bone with tech and creature comforts. It is a good move to launch the SUV in India after a few years. The Electric Auto Industry is still at its infancy and three, maybe four years from now will a better time to launch the Ocean.