- 1 hr ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 1 hr ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- 2 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 Mileage Figures Revealed: Which Is The Most Fuel-Efficient Variant?
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Interiors, Features & Engine Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Movies Bobby Deol Drops The Trailer Of Aashram: Chapter 2- The Dark Side
- Sports IPL 2020: Virat Kohli confident RCB will correct mistakes and come back stronger
- Lifestyle Naach Meri Rani: Nora Fatehi Looks Like A Pretty Doll In Her Floral Printed Yellow Ball Gown
- Technology Airtel Offering Three Months Subscription To YouTube Premium Services
- News Kerala gold smuggling: ED gets 7 days custody of Kerala CM’s former secretary Sivasankar
- Finance Auto Sector Optimistic On Festive Season Sales
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is among the most anticipated launch of the year. The SUV was unveiled last month and Mahindra has received an overwhelming response in the country. The company has now announced that the first example of the off-road SUV will be put for auction.
The first SUV will be sold to the highest bidder in the country. Mahindra will then match the bid amount and donate it to various relief funds that are helping the country recover during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Mahindra aims to provide maximum support to help fight the deadly virus that is currently spread across the nation. The proceed will be donated to Naandi Foundation, We Are Swades Foundation or PM CARES Fund, as chosen by the customer.
Booking and Registrations of the 2020 Thar have begun in across the country. The auction for the first off-road SUV will start from October 24, 2020. We expect bids to pour in based on the amount of attention that the SUV has received after it's unveiling.
Mahindra will officially launch the 2020 Thar on October 2, 2020. Ahead of its launch, an image circulating on WhatsApp reveals the prices of the new Thar ahead of the official announcement next month. According to the image, prices for the AX variant starts at Rs 9.75 lakh — here are more details.
The next-generation Thar features an all-new design along with a host of equipment giving the SUV an upmarket feel. Additionally, it also receives a new powertrain as well. The company has added a new petrol engine along with the existing diesel engine on the new-gen offroader. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Additionally, all models are offered with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system as standard.
The updated SUV features revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. For the first time, the company is also providing the offroader with a factory-fitted hard top.
On the inside, the SUV now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
The company is also offering the new Thar also comes with various seating configurations. This includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
Thoughts About The First 2020 Mahindra Thar Off-Road SUV To Be Auctioned For Charity
Mahindra has been at the forefront in helping the nation recover from the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The company has auctioned its vehicles in the past with proceedings donated to various charities working towards the betterment of the nation. The first customer of the 2020 Thar will now have another thing to be proud of.