- 8 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 10 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 12 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 1 day ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Sports Varun Chakravarthy: Story of former architect who built Kolkata Knight Riders win with mystery spin
- Movies Who Is Suchitra? Here’s All You Need To Know About The Bigg Boss Tamil 4 Wild Card Contestant!
- News Bihar Election 2020: Nitish attacks RJD, refrains from talking about Paswan
- Lifestyle Dussehra 2020: Muhurta, Legends And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance Top 5 Overseas And Private Banks Fetching Returns Up To 7 Per Cent On 1-Year FDs
- Technology Realme 100W Soundbar Review: Powerful And Immersive Audio On Budget
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The all-new Mahindra Thar has been auctioned off at Rs 1.1 crore in India as the bidding came to an end on September 29 at 06:00 p.m. The winning bid was entered by Delhi-based Aakash Minda and now becomes the proud owner of Thar No.1.
As reported earlier, Mahindra will be matching the winning bid and donating it to one of three organisations engaged in COVID-19 relief work: Naandi Foundation, Swades Foundation and the PM CARES fund. A total amount of 2.2 crores will be donated any of these organizations as per Mr Minda's choice.
Apart from the No.1 Thar helping the nation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, it will also feature certain details to make it special to the winning bidder. Mr Minda can choose from any variant and engine option present in the Thar's line-up.
Additionally, the Thar #1 will feature customised badging with his initials, leatherette seats and serial number 1 on the VIN plate. This certainly would make it special to the buyer, adding a hint of exclusivity with the No.1 badging.
Mahindra will launch the all-new Thar on October 2, 2020, in India. The company will also start accepting bookings officially at the time of launch. Deliveries of the off-roader are expected to behind weeks after the launch as well.
The new Thar will be available in two variants: AX and LX. The AX series will cater to off-road enthusiasts who are looking for a bare-bone look and feel of the SUV. While the LX will cater to the remaining audience who would want to use the SUV every day, making it the ultimate urban cruiser.
The next-generation Thar features an all-new design along with a host of equipment giving the SUV an upmarket feel. Additionally, it also receives a new powertrain. The company has added a new petrol engine along with the existing diesel engine on the new-gen offroader. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Additionally, all models are offered with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system as standard.
The updated SUV features revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. For the first time, the company is also providing the offroader with a factory-fitted hardtop.
On the inside, the SUV now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
The company is also offering the new Thar also comes with various seating configurations. This includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
Thoughts About The First New Mahindra Thar Auctioned At Rs 1.1 Crore
Mahindra has used the attention from the all-new Thar for a greater cause in helping the nation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Additionally, the winning bidder also becomes a part of this cause and receive the nation's first 2020 Thar off-road SUV. Kudos to Mahindra!