- 4 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 5 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 7 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Sports IPL 2020: Twitter reacts to Mohammad Shami's consistent yorker bowling ability
- Finance This Higher Interest Opportunity On Safe Senior Citizen FDs Ends On 31 Dec
- Lifestyle Lakme Fashion Week 2020 Opening Show: Kartik Aaryan Turns Muse For Manish Malhotra
- Movies Sanjana Sanghi And Shekhar Kapur Celebrate 100 Years Of Their School: ‘Modernite Forever’
- Education UP Board Compartment Result 2020 Declared For Class 10th And Class 12th
- News Bihar poll 2020: Slippers thrown at RJD's Tejashwi Yadav during election rally in Bihar's Aurangabad
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 Review: Fits The Budget Perfectly
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
Mahindra Auto has delivered the first BS6 version of the Alturas G4 SUV to the Honourable President of India. The keys were handed over to the Joint Secretary on the President's behalf at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The news of the delivery was confirmed by Mr Parthasarathy, President, Mobility Services, Mahindra Group who has retweeted the same. There is no information about the brand's flagship SUV receiving any modifications that are exclusive to the president's vehicle.
Currently, the Honourable President, Mr Ramnath Kovind uses a Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 Pullman Guard as his official vehicle. The Mahindra Alturas G4 will not be replacing the Mercedes-Benz as it does not seem to be a bulletproof vehicle.
Supporting the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's initiative of using Made-In-India products, we are seeing a lot of government vehicles getting added, that are made by the Indian automakers. However, it is unlikely that the existing vehicles will be replaced as well.
Mahindra has launched the updated Alturas G4 in the Indian market earlier this year. Prices for the new Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 starts from Rs 28.69 lakh. The SUV is offered in two variants and the top-spec trim (4X4 AT) retails at Rs 31.69 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The new Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine. It produces 180bhp and 420Nm of peak torque and is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission unit; sourced from Mercedes-Benz. The power is sent to either the front wheels (2WD) or all four wheels (4WD), depending on the variant.
Apart from the BS6 engine update, no other changes have been made to the Alturas G4 SUV. The Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 borrows all of its equipment luxury and comfort features from its BS4 counterpart.
Features that are specific to the top-spec trim includes, HID headlamps, LED fog lamps with cornering lights, easy access mode, ambient mood lighting, powered seats with memory function, a sunroof with anti-pinch, 360-degree camera, and nine airbags; among others.
Some of the other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, plush Nappa leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, dual-zone climate control, heated ORVMs, cruise control, six-speaker premium audio system and more.
Safety features on the Alturas G4 include ABS with EBD, hill-hold assist, hill-descent control, high-speed alert, seatbelt reminder, traction control, electronic stability control, roll-over mitigation, ISOFIX mounts, (ESP) Electronic Stability Program and (BAS) Brake Assist System.
Thoughts About The First Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 Model Delivered To The President Of India
The Mahindra Alturas G4 has found a place in the fleet of vehicles owned by the Indian Government. The Alturas G4 comes packed with a host of features offering a luxurious and pleasant cabin. With 180bhp and four-wheel-drive, the SUV also offers a good amount of performance.