- 11 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 13 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 13 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India has announced a recall of 547 units of its MY20 Jeep Compass model to correct an issue with a brace nut that is used in the wiper assembly.
The brand said they have identified an opportunity to improve the fitment of the brace nut on the MY20 Jeep Compass while auditing the vehicle during a quality check. The vehicles that have been recalled were all manufactured during 2020.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said in a statement, "The torque-induced brace nut should firmly clamp the wiper arm on to the wiper pivot assembly, enabling them to swivel as one unit when activated. A malfunction of the brace nut can result in the wipers not swivelling when activated by the wiper combo-switch behind the steering wheel."
The company said that tightening the brace nut will improve grip at the wiper pivot, and will reduce the possibility of a malfunction. The brand said that brace nut modification is needed for consistent wiper functions.
The brand also said that they are unaware of any MY20 Jeep Compass owners reporting any malfunction of the vehicle's wiper.
The brand has started proactively reaching out to owners of the affected MY20 Jeep Compass model, and said that their authorised service centers will contact customers in order to improve the fitment of the brace nut.
Jeep says that the whole process will take roughly 15 minutes and will be done at no extra cost to owners of the vehicles.
Mr Partha Datta, the President and Managing Director at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India said, "We give the highest priority to the safety of our customers and to the quality of our vehicles. I am pleased that we could quickly identify this issue, and take precautionary measures to keep our customers safe and happy. We take pride in ensuring that Jeep Brand vehicles remain the most trusted and reliable vehicles on the road."
Thoughts About FCA Recalling 547 Units Of The MY20 Jeep Compass Models For Better Fitment Of The Brace Nut
We are impressed with FCA's quality control. The brand says they have no complaints from customers about the wipers on their vehicles but have still found a way to make the wiper module perform and last longer - impressive!