- 19 min ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 30 min ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Celebs Back Milap Zaveri For Lashing Out At Kamaal R Khan’s Hypocrisy On Sushant Singh Rajput
- Finance Kolkata Blocks Flights From 6 Cities To Control COVID-19
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- News Coronavirus: Complete lockdown in Bengaluru from 8 pm tonight till Monday morning
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Sports England vs West Indies: Ben Stokes to lead 13-man England squad in the first Test
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways recently issued a circular, according to which all vehicles with an invalid or non-functional FASTag will have to pay double the toll fee. This double toll charge was previously only for those vehicles which entered the FASTag lane, without the RFID sticker.
The notification issued by the Ministry stated, "User of the vehicle not fitted with FASTag or vehicle without valid, functional FASTag entering into 'FASTag lane' of the toll plazas shall pay a fee equivalent to two times of the fee applicable to that category of vehicles."
FASTag was made mandatory on all vehicles in India from the 15th of December, 2019. Till date, authorities are said to have distributed over 1.68 crore FASTags across the country.
FASTag allows travellers on the highway to pay the toll fees electronically, without the need to exchange physical cash. The tag uses an RFID sticker positioned at the centre of the front windscreen. This tag is directly linked to your account, with the exact toll amount being directly deducted upon crossing a toll plaza.
The electronic toll payment eases the process of toll collection, while also reducing the waiting time of motorists at the toll plazas on highways. The FASTag sticker also eliminates any and all physical contact as well - something of extreme significance in post-COVID-19 normalcy.
FASTags can be purchased at a number of approved places, including certain banks, toll plazas and other places. The installation and usage of FASTag are extremely simple and can be done with just a few easy steps — here is everything you need to know.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic in the country, the government had discontinued the collection of toll amounts across India during the initial lockdown period. However, the ministry recently announced that toll plazas will resume toll collection with the easing of the lockdown regulations.
Thoughts About FASTag Toll Fee Doubled For Violators
The doubling of the toll fee for invalid or non-functional FASTag users will be a major step forward to ensure all vehicle owners get the RFID stickers installed. Also, now with social distancing being the norm going forward, the use of electronic toll payment seems to be the best option.