- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units Mark: Production Increased To Meet The Demand
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield 650 Twins New Colour Options Leaked: Here Are The Details
- News Nirav Modi Extradition Case: Judge accepts prima facie evidence of fraud
- Sports India vs England: Virat Kohli's wife Anushka Sharma, daughter Vamika arrive to watch Pink Ball Test
- Movies Pagglait Teaser: Sanya Malhotra Has A Bizarre Reaction To Her Hubby's Death In This Quirky Comedy
- Technology Realme Buds Air 2 TWS Earbuds Review: Gratifying Performance Fused With ANC On Budget
- Lifestyle Mrunal Thakur Takes Over The Spotlight With Her Bold Purple Eye Shadow And Pink Lipstick Look
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In March 2021
- Finance 10-16 IPOs Lined Up For Launch In March 2021
- Education CSIR UGC NET Result 2021 Declared, Check Result Link At csirnet.nta.nic.in
Sonalika Tractors has introduced India's first field-ready electric tractor, called Tiger Electric. The new Sonalika Tiger electric tractor is said to be priced at Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The electric tractor is said to be designed in Europe and developed and manufactured in India.
Sonalika Group has announced the start of bookings for the Tiger electric. Customers can make the bookings for the electric tractor at all company dealerships across India. Deliveries for the same is said to begin soon.
The Tiger electric tractor is said to be powered by a 25.5kW naturally-cooling compact battery, which is said to be IP67-compliant. The electric powertrain on the Sonalika Tiger electric is said to offer a top speed of 24.9km/h. The battery pack also ensures there is 100% torque at all times, ensuring faster pick-up under any loading conditions.
The electric tractor will come with a home-charger unit, capable of charging the batteries in 10 hours. However, the company states that the Tiger electric also comes with fast-charging, reducing charging times by half. Sonalika Tractors also claim that the Tiger electric offers 8 hours of battery backup when operating a 2-tonne trolley.
The company also claims that the electric tractor has been built keeping in mind the comfort of farmers. There is no heat being transferred due to the lack of an engine; this along with the lesser number of moving parts help significantly reduce vibrations. This further translates to improved work efficiency and zero maintenance costs.
The introduction of India's first field-ready electric tractor showcases the brand's commitment towards a greener future. The development of the electric tractor in India also falls in line with the government's 'Make-in-India' initiative, along with its ambitious goal of shifting to EVs by 2030.
Thoughts On The Sonalika Tiger Electric Tractor
The Tiger electric tractor is the country's first electric field-ready model to go on sale. It offers impressive stats, which could attract a lot of target customers to shift to EV.