- 5 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 7 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 9 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- 11 hrs ago Ather 450X Prices Dropped By Rs 14,500 Due To FAME II Scheme Incentives Revision: Details
- Sports Christian plays football beautifully – UEFA chief Ceferin hails 'football unity' in message to Eriksen
- News Eligible population in some Jharkhand villages including naxal-affected fully vaccinated
- Finance These Companies/Groups Top The List Of Most Valuable Brands Of India In 2021
- Movies YouTuber Bhuvan Bam Loses Parents To COVID-19; Pens Heartbreaking Note - 'Lost Both My Lifelines To COVID'
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G India Launch Tipped; Key Features To Check Out
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Lifestyle International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Sonalika Tractors has introduced India's first field-ready electric tractor, called Tiger Electric. The new Sonalika Tiger electric tractor is said to be priced at Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The electric tractor is said to be designed in Europe and developed and manufactured in India.
Sonalika Group has announced the start of bookings for the Tiger electric. Customers can make the bookings for the electric tractor at all company dealerships across India. Deliveries for the same is said to begin soon.
The Tiger electric tractor is said to be powered by a 25.5kW naturally-cooling compact battery, which is said to be IP67-compliant. The electric powertrain on the Sonalika Tiger electric is said to offer a top speed of 24.9km/h. The battery pack also ensures there is 100% torque at all times, ensuring faster pick-up under any loading conditions.
The electric tractor will come with a home-charger unit, capable of charging the batteries in 10 hours. However, the company states that the Tiger electric also comes with fast-charging, reducing charging times by half. Sonalika Tractors also claim that the Tiger electric offers 8 hours of battery backup when operating a 2-tonne trolley.
The company also claims that the electric tractor has been built keeping in mind the comfort of farmers. There is no heat being transferred due to the lack of an engine; this along with the lesser number of moving parts help significantly reduce vibrations. This further translates to improved work efficiency and zero maintenance costs.
The introduction of India's first field-ready electric tractor showcases the brand's commitment towards a greener future. The development of the electric tractor in India also falls in line with the government's 'Make-in-India' initiative, along with its ambitious goal of shifting to EVs by 2030.
Thoughts On The Sonalika Tiger Electric Tractor
The Tiger electric tractor is the country's first electric field-ready model to go on sale. It offers impressive stats, which could attract a lot of target customers to shift to EV.