- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Finance Reliance Industries Rights Issue Becomes World's Biggest By Non-Finance Co In 10 Years
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Eicher Group donates Rs 50 Crore to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The company will be using these funds in different areas to tackle the ongoing crisis in the country.
Eicher Group has two brands under its banner: Royal Enfield (a unit of Eicher Motors Limited) and VE Commercial Vehicles (a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited). Together they have pledged its contribution towards aid for Coronavirus pandemic outbreak in India.
The company has also announced that the initial contribution outlay of Rs Fifty crores towards procuring various medical equipment, and building dedicated COVID-19 care facilities, which will help tackle the current crisis.
Eicher Group has also confirmed that they will continue to assess the situation, and is likely to increase contribution over the coming months. The extended contribution will support long term rehabilitation in the aftermath of the pandemic.
The company plans to deploy the initial Rs. 50 Crores for relief initiatives under the following areas:
The Group will work towards providing food, provisions and sanitation consumables. It will also be used for setting up sanitation facilities across the country. To achieve this, the company has partnered with reputed NGOs, which will assess needs and deliver support to the needy.
Another part of the funds will be deployed to purchase, and distribute personal protective equipment. It will be provided to medical care personnel working in government hospitals in Chennai and further help the Government.
The company has reported that its employees have started contributing to Government relief funds. Also, Eicher Group will contribute towards the PM Care Fund as well as Relief Funds in Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh.
The company will also build dedicated COVID-19 speciality wards, isolation areas, and equipment towards patient care. The company will be achieved by closely working with an identified set of government and private hospitals.
The company will also use these funds to support truck drivers for providing relief including food and sanitation supplies and COVID-19 healthcare testing kits. Eicher Group is in talks with various government organizations to support the production of critical medical equipment and supplies, including ventilators.
Thoughts About The Eicher Group Donates Rs 50 Crore To Fight COVID-19 Pandemic In India
Either Group has listed a detailed plan about their efforts to help fight the Coronavirus Crisis in the country. The company is concentrating on various areas that would need financial support at these unprecedented times.