- 32 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- News With 159 new cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally crosses 1,200 mark
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Eicher Group donates Rs 50 Crore to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The company will be using these funds in different areas to tackle the ongoing crisis in the country.
Eicher Group has two brands under its banner: Royal Enfield (a unit of Eicher Motors Limited) and VE Commercial Vehicles (a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited). Together they have pledged its contribution towards aid for Coronavirus pandemic outbreak in India.
The company has also announced that the initial contribution outlay of Rs Fifty crores towards procuring various medical equipment, and building dedicated COVID-19 care facilities, which will help tackle the current crisis.
Eicher Group has also confirmed that they will continue to assess the situation, and is likely to increase contribution over the coming months. The extended contribution will support long term rehabilitation in the aftermath of the pandemic.
The company plans to deploy the initial Rs. 50 Crores for relief initiatives under the following areas:
The Group will work towards providing food, provisions and sanitation consumables. It will also be used for setting up sanitation facilities across the country. To achieve this, the company has partnered with reputed NGOs, which will assess needs and deliver support to the needy.
Another part of the funds will be deployed to purchase, and distribute personal protective equipment. It will be provided to medical care personnel working in government hospitals in Chennai and further help the Government.
The company has reported that its employees have started contributing to Government relief funds. Also, Eicher Group will contribute towards the PM Care Fund as well as Relief Funds in Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh.
The company will also build dedicated COVID-19 speciality wards, isolation areas, and equipment towards patient care. The company will be achieved by closely working with an identified set of government and private hospitals.
The company will also use these funds to support truck drivers for providing relief including food and sanitation supplies and COVID-19 healthcare testing kits. Eicher Group is in talks with various government organizations to support the production of critical medical equipment and supplies, including ventilators.
Thoughts About The Eicher Group Donates Rs 50 Crore To Fight COVID-19 Pandemic In India
Either Group has listed a detailed plan about their efforts to help fight the Coronavirus Crisis in the country. The company is concentrating on various areas that would need financial support at these unprecedented times.