- 14 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 15 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 17 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 17 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Exam Date 2020 On October 31
- Finance 1 Year Fixed Deposits That Give Good Interest Rates
- News Chinese soldier held by India after he strayed into Ladakh handed back
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days End Date Sale 2020: Heavy Discounts On Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 20 Highlights: Gauahar, Hina's Argue With Sidharth, Rubina Feels Disrespected
- Sports Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
BluSmart Mobility, India's all-electric ride-hailing company has flagged off the country's first all-electric journey by a commercial vehicle, from Delhi to Mumbai. The company aims to cover 1,376 kilometres in six days.
With the all-electric journey, the company aims to showcase that India is ready for EVs, and that interstate travel is possible given that it would take a little more time than the conventional format.
By covering approximately 1376 km from Delhi to Mumbai the company is expected to save 94 kg of CO2 emissions from this trip. This journey will conclude in Mumbai on September 9, 2020, which also happens to be the World EV Day.
Mr Anmol Jaggi, Founder, BluSmart Mobility said, "Our mission is to showcase that India is ready for electric vehicles and this is the right time to make efficient, affordable, intelligent and sustainable transportation mainstream. This journey is a testament to BluSmart's vision of reinventing mobility and transforming Indian cities by providing 100% Electric, sustainable and most reliable mobility solutions. BluSmart has created a revolutionary way of mobility that is responsible for both the environment and the safety of the customers with noiseless, electric, zero-emission rides."
The company will be using a standard-issue Mahindra e-Verito for their all-electric journey. The electric sedan features a three-phase AC induction motor paired to a 21.2kWh Lithium-Ion battery pack.
The electric power unit produces a maximum of 41.5bhp at 4000rpm and a peak torque of 91Nm at 3000rpm. The electric sedan accelerates from 0 to 60kmph in 11.2 seconds and continues to reach an electronically limited top speed of 80kmph.
The Mahindra e-Verito features a maximum certified driving range of up to 181 kilometres in a single charge. It is fast charging enabled and the times are rated at 90 minutes for 0 to 80 per cent charge. While using a standard charger takes 11 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge.
The travel will be seamless for this long-distance trip and utilize both fast-charging stations and slow charging facilities along the way. The electric cab will rely majorly on slow charging from Shops, Restaurants, Motels etc. near the highway. This trip is expected to be a little longer, but exciting, nonetheless.
The journey will end in Mumbai on Sept 9th, 2020 on World EV Day. The journey would be through Neemrana, Kothputli, Jaipur, Pali, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Vapi before reaching Mumbai.
Thoughts About Delhi To Mumbai Journey In Electric Vehicle By BluSmart Mobility
BluSmart Mobility has undertaken an ambitious task to crosse multiple state borders travelling a long journey in an electric vehicle. Electric vehicle travel is often deemed suitable for intracity travels. However, with this journey, the company aims to break this myth. Kudos To BluSmart!