- 19 min ago Maruti Suzuki Dispatches 6.70 Lakh Cars Via Indian Railways In Over Six Years
- 37 min ago Maruti WagonR Electric Hatchback Spied Testing Once Again In India
- 1 hr ago BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- News Congress slams Centre, says govt is silent on US deportation threat
- Movies David Schwimmer Wanted To Work With A More Diverse Cast On Friends
- Finance CG Power Shares Locked In 5% Lower Circuit After Yes Bank Sells Part Stake
- Sports Sophie Devine appointed full-time captain of New Zealand women's cricket team
- Technology Redmi Note 9 India Launch Likely Set For This Month
- Lifestyle Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
The Datsun Redi-GO has been spotted arriving at dealerships ahead of its launch in India. The company had earlier teased the upcoming Redi-GO facelift model on its official website revealing few design changes.
According to the images from Zigwheels, the facelift model of the Datsun Redi-GO have arrived at dealerships. It features the same L-shaped LED DRLs that was revealed from the teaser images released by the company.
The model spotted at the dealership could be an entry-level trim as it sports only a Two-DIN audio unit rather than the touch-screen infotainment display that will be featured on the top-spec trims of the Datsun Redi-GO.
Speaking about the changes that will be made to the facelift model of the 2020 Redi-GO hatchback, it will feature a new front fascia with a larger grille as compared to the older model. It also features a redesigned headlamp unit, new C-shaped tail lamps, and new 14-inch wheels with dual-tone wheel covers; among others.
However, the overall silhouette and tall-riding stance of the Redi-GO facelift have been retained from the older-generation model. Except for the new larger wheels and new wheel cover design, the side profile of the hatchback does not feature any changes as well.
On the Inside, the Redi-GO facelift will feature an all-new dashboard with redesigned air-con vents, a piano black finish trim surrounding the infotainment display, and silver accents all of which will provide a premium look and feel to the cabin.
t also features a semi-digital instrument cluster, internally adjustable mirrors, a new steering wheel with mounted controls, and a new eight-inch touchscreen infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto offered on the top sec trims of the hatchback.
The 2020 Datsun Redi-GO will be much safer as compared to the older gen model because of revised construction that will comply with the new safety norms introduced last year. It will also feature dual-airbags, ABS, and a reverse parking camera with guidelines and sensors; among others.
Under the bonnet, the next-gen Datsun Redi-GO will continue to be offered with the same engine options that powered the BS4 models. Both 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre petrol engines are made BS6 complaint and are already powering the Renault Kwid hatchback in the Indian market.
The 0.8-litre engine produces 54bhp and 75Nm of torque, while the 1.0-litre unit churns out 68bhp and 91Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional five-speed AMT transmission offered for the larger 1.0-litre engine.
The upcoming BS6 Redi-GO is expected to be offered in four variants — D, A, T, and T(O). Once launched, the Datsun Redi-GO will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, the Alto and the upcoming Tata HBX; among others in the Indian market.
In related news, Datsun has recently launched the GO and the GO+ BS6 model in the Indian market. The GO hatchback and the GO+ compact-MPV retails at a starting price of Rs 3.99 lakh and Rs 4.19 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arriving At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch
Datsun launched the GO and the GO+ BS6 models during the nation-wide lockdown. However, with the lockdown now partially lifted, Datsun seems to be resuming operations and is gearing up to launch their entry-level tall-riding hatchback. The upcoming Redi-GO features a host of improvements over the previous-gen model, which will help to compete against its segment rivals.