- 3 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 4 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 6 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 1 Elimination: Lekshmi Jayan Is Evicted From The Mohanlal Show
- Sports Deepak ends a memorable campaign with a silver medal at 72nd Strandja Memorial Cup
- News Rule on blocking contents not new, been around since 2009: Govt defends India’s new digital media rules
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Datsun has launched the BS6-compliant versions of the GO and GO+ models in the Indian market. The new Datsun GO BS6 hatchback is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 3.99 lakh, while the BS6 GO+ MPV comes priced at Rs 4.19 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Both models, the Datsun GO and GO+ come powered by the same 1.2-litre three-cylinder BS6-compliant petrol engine. It comes in two states-of-tune; 68bhp when mated to a five-speed manual and 75bhp and 104Nm of torque when mated to a CVT automatic.
The Datsun GO and GO+ models are among the most affordable vehicles in the Indian market, to offer a CVT automatic transmission unit. The two models are also offered in a range of variants: D, A, A(O), T and T(O). The top-spec ‘T' and ‘T(O)' variants are the only ones to receive the optional CVT gearbox.
Apart from the updated engine, no other changes have been made to either of the two models. Both the Datsun GO hatchback and the GO+ MPV continue to offer the same set of features and equipment as its previous BS4 models.
This includes features like LED DRLs, anti-fatigue seats, 14-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, reverse parking assist and a host of others.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, said,
"With the new Datsun GO and GO+, we have introduced high-quality products that not only have a strong value proposition but are also future-ready. Built with Japanese technology, both cars are BS6-compliant and offer the most affordable CVT options in India."
"With innovative financial schemes, we want to extend support to our customers in these testing times. We aim to enhance the value propositions of our products in line with Datsun's mission of enabling progressive mobility."
Both cars are also offered in a choice of six paint schemes: Ruby Red, Bronze Grey, Amber Orange, Crystal Silver, Vivid Blue and Opal White. Bookings for the cars are now open online, with deliveries set to begin, post the lockdown period in India.
Thoughts On The Datsun GO & GO+ BS6 Models
The Datsun GO and GO+ are positioned in the entry-level hatchback and MPV segment in the Indian market, respectively. Both models come with a host of features and decent performing engines as well.