- 1 hr ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 4 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Sports Ronaldo left out of Juve squad for Coppa Italia tie
- News Soil health, post-harvest management major concern areas; Rs 1 lakh cr fund to address these issues: Tomar
- Movies Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Co-Stars Neil Bhatt And Aishwarya Sharma Get Engaged, Share Roka Pictures
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The 43rd edition of the 2021 Dakar Rally will back next year. The upcoming edition of the world's toughest rally will be held between January 3 and 15. Ahead of the race, the organizers have revealed the complete route and stages details of the 2021 Dakar Rally.
The 2021 Dakar participants will be covering a total distance of 7,646KM, out of which about 4,767KM will be the special section. The total race distance has been divided into 12 stages. Also, the total race distance is shorter by 300KM as compared to the 2020 Dakar Rally race map.
The upcoming edition of the Dakar Rally will start on January 3, 2021, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The rally race will conclude in the same city on January 15, 2021, after passing through various areas including the capital of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh. The entire race will be resting for a day during the racing season in Ha'il on January 9, 2021.
A total of 295 vehicles is entering the 2021 Dakar Rally competition across all classes. This is the lowest number of entries in 25 years, which could be due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the world.
The upcoming rally edition will see a total of 501 participants competing in the race, which includes 16 women. The number of women participants has increased by three in the 2021 edition of the Dakar Rally.
In addition to the main race, the 43rd edition of the event will also have a competition called the Dakar Classic. In parallel to the main race, the cars and trucks that participated before the 2000s will be appearing in the race, making a comeback.
The 2021 Dakar will have 108 motorbikes, 21 quads, 124 cars and SSVs and 42 trucks, which are expected in the upcoming season. Additionally, 26 vehicles have been entered for the new "Dakar Classic" category.
Based on the route and stages announced for the upcoming rally, the Stage 4 will be the longest stage of the rally between Wadi Ad-Dawasir and Riyadh. The said stage will cover a distance of 813KM, out of which 337KM will be the special section.
On the other hand, the 11th stage will also be the hardest, as it has the longest competitive special stage of 511KM out of the total 557KM. While the shortest special stage will be on the final stage of the competition held between Yanbu and Jeddah.
To keep participants, teams and others safe during the race, there will be new COVID-19 pandemic protocols for the 43rd edition of the Dakar. This includes several PCR tests before arriving in Saudi Arabia and a 48-hour quarantine upon arrival. Additionally, the bivouacs will follow social distancing measures throughout the racing season.
Indian two-wheeler manufacturers such as Hero MotoCorp and TVS-Sherco Racing will be entering the upcoming edition of the world's toughest rally. Participants from Indian in the 2021 Dakar rally includes the country's Ace rally rider C.S. Santosh racing for Hero Motorsport and Harith Noah racing for TVS Sherco Rally racing team. Both riders will be joined by Ashish Raorane who will be making his debut participating as a privateer and competing in the Malle Moto category.
Some changes have been made to ensure the safekeeping of racers during the event. This is done by installing a device to their vehicle that will sound out an audio alert to warn them when they are reaching a dangerous section of a stage. This has been done across all categories in the event. Additionally, airbag jackets will be made mandatory for all participants to increase safety, especially for motorcycle riders.
Thoughts About The 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed
The 43rd edition of the Dakar Rally will continue its season in Saudi Arabia with 12 stages of the toughest off-road rally in the world. The upcoming season of the rally race will have less number of participants due to the ongoing pandemic. However, with new rules, the 2021 Dakar Rally will be much safer for the participants.