- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The French auto manufacturer, Citroen, will enter the Indian market with its C5 Aircross SUV. The SUV was supposed to arrive much earlier in the country. However, owing to the ongoing pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns the timelines have been delayed.
The company is now expected to make its debut sometime in the first half of 2021. Ahead of its launch, the C5 Aircross has been recently spotted testing in the country. A video posted by Rock through Tech on YouTube reveals two test mules without the camouflage.
The video reveals two mules in White and Black paint scheme and appears to be India-spec models. According to recent reports, the company has already begun trial assembly of the upcoming SUV in India. The C5 Aircross is likely to be brought in as CKD units, which will help with the pricing as compared to fully-built units imported to the country.
Speaking about the SUV's design, it features a split-headlamp set up with a thin body strip separating them. The upper part of the grille is flanked on either side by the DRLs, while the lower part of the grille connects the main headlamps. The DRLs also function as turn-indicators at the front.
At the rear, the design is more subtle with split-wraparound taillamps, an integrated roof spoiler, a large Citroen badge placed on the middle of the boot-lid, and a blacked-out bumper with non-functional twin exhaust vents. It also features chunky body cladding on the side with roof-rails and an aggressive-looking alloy wheel design.
The C5 Aircross measures in at 4500mm in length, 1840mm in width, and 1670mm in height along with a wheelbase of 2730mm. The ground clearance of the SUV measures at 230mm, which is ideal for India.
On the inside, It features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a fully-digital instrument console with TFT display, an elevated centre console for better driving ergonomics and dual-zone climate control; among others.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, dual-tone upholstery and soft-touch plastics, to provide a premium and airy feel to the cabin. The C5 Aircross is also expected to feature the brand's latest iteration of connected technology as well.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is expected to come powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 175bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic. However, the SUV was initially speculated to arrive with the 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 130bhp and 300Nm of torque with the same eight-speed automatic.
Thoughts About The Citroen C5 Aircross Production-Ready Model Spotted Testing In India
The company has been testing the Citroen C5 Aircross for a while in India. However, all those models were CBUs which were imported to the country. This time around, we believe that the test mules spotted were locally assembled in India. The C5 Aircross is expected to be priced around Rs 30 lakh mark when launched in the country next year.