- 3 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 20 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Movies Disha Salian's Death Case: Twitter Calls For Investigation, #EvidenceScreamMurder Trends
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 2: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab: Best possible 11, India timing, Live details
- News Monsoon Session: Rajya Sabha passes Bill to punish those attacking healthcare workers
- Finance FDI In Defence Sector Increased To 74%
- Lifestyle Rosh Hashanah 2020: Know About This Festival In Detail
- Technology Amazon Oppo Fantastic Day 2020: Discount Offers On Oppo Smartphones
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
French auto manufacturer Citroen has begun trial assembly of a few C5 Aircross units at the Birla's facility in Tamil Nadu. The brand has imported the units and says that the C5 Aircross will be available in limited numbers.
Reports are that the Citroen Aircross units that are being assembled will be used for testing across India. The brand has been testing the C5 Aircross SUV and has used completely built units that were imported.
The French manufacturer was to launch the Citroen C5 Aircross this year, but had to reschedule the launch to between January and March next year because of the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
Reports are that the Citroen C5 Aircross will be locally assembled and not locally manufactured, and that the SUV will be priced north of the Rs 30 lakh mark.
The Citroen C5 Aircross will feature a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 180bhp, and will arrive mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic. The SUV was initially to be available with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 131bhp.
The brand said that it does not intend to sell a large number of the Citroen C5 Aircross model in India, but will cater for made-in-India models after the C5 Aircross is launched.
The models that will be launched following the C5 Aircross will have a high level of localisation, and expectations are that the French manufacturer will be able to price the product roughly around the Rs 7 lakh mark.
Citroen is in the process of setting up its first dealership at Ahmedabad. The company plans to fire up between 10 and 15 dealerships across the country in the first phase. All dealerships will be based on the brand's La Maison Citroen.
Thoughts About Citroen Beginning Trial Assembly For The C5 Aircross
We're sure the brand is excited about assembly and then testing that will follow. The Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns that were implemented have forced many manufacturers to reschedule their entry into the Indian markets, but things appear to be on track right now. We are waiting for the Citroen C5 Aircross models. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the news about the SUV as soon as we hear.