- 8 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 9 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 10 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Last Week Most trending Smartphones: iPhone 12 Pro Max, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy A12, Mi 10i 5G And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 18 Highlights: Devoleena Bhattacharjee And Vikas Gupta Enter Post Eijaz Khan's Exit
- Education SBI PO Prelims Exam Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- News ABP-CVoter Opinion Poll: Congress-DMK, NDA in close contest in Puducherry
- Sports Messi facing lengthy suspension for hitting opponent
- Finance How To Check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Balance Online?
- Lifestyle Sexual Problems In Men: Causes And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Most people who buy a car or a motorcycle have the desire to modify it according to their taste so that their vehicle stands apart in the crowd. However, there are some automobile enthusiasts, who purchase or already own an old vehicle and then restore or modify it according to their needs.
The vehicle in question over here is a 1991 Premier Padmini owned by Sandeep Shingade. The Padmini, which was based on the Fiat 1100, has been beautifully modified by RASN Designs, which is a Pune-based workshop and also deals in motorcycles. The Premier Padmini has been discontinued for quite a while now, but the iconic car continues to enjoy a cult following among automotive enthusiasts to date in the country.
As seen in the pictures, the car has been restored completely and has also received some modifications. Let's start with the paint job, the vehicle gets three coats of primer, two layers of base coat, and four layers of clear coat. The white and orange paint job has been done really nicely and the blue stripe between them gives it a sporty look.
At the front, the car gets smoked out headlight with colour changing LED parking bulbs, custom smoked out fog lights and indicators, custom number plate and a chrome crash guard. There are LED indicators fabricated nicely on either side of the front fenders.
Moving on, the car also gets customer sporty wheels and tyres and at the rear, it gets smoked out tail lamps. The fuel filler car has been retained like it came on the original car. The modified Padmini gets dual bottle-neck black exhaust tips that enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle.
On the inside, the car gets white and blue seat upholstery with a diamond-shaped pattern, a custom tachometer, voltmeter, and vacuum gauge placed at the center console, and some custom switches. The ceiling gets perforated rexine. The speedometer sourced from the original Italian Fiat and there are reading lights on the C-pillars.
The car also gets a SELM steering wheel with wooden-finish. Other features include a 2din player with 7-band equalizer and six speakers and a subwoofer, two USB ports for charging, and a pull-type engine starter.
The engine of this particular Padmini has also received a few modifications, like a new carburettor from an Esteem), custom exhaust headers and the engine bay has been painted to match the exterior of the car. Mechanically, the Premier Padmini was powered by a 1,089cc, naturally aspirated, inline4 petrol engine that produces 41bhp of power.
Thoughts About The Modified Premier Padmini By RASN Designs
This is one of the best examples of restoration for an old car, the Premier Padmini has also been given some modern touches so that the car does not look old fashioned.