- 55 min ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- News Amid pandemic, Union health minister Harsh Vardhan assures COVID-19 will be under control by Diwali
- Sports IPL 2020: KL Rahul says Kings XI Punjab will bounce back
- Movies Sherlyn Chopra Says Bollywood Has Become Corrupt; ‘It's Totally Unsafe For The Next Generation'
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In October 2020
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO Opens On 29 Sept: Should You Subscribe?
- Technology New Realme Q Series Smartphone Launch Likely Pegged For October 13
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Ranbir Kapoor: 7 Times The Actor Made Stylish Impression With His Cool Looks
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
Most people who buy a car or a motorcycle have the desire to modify it according to their taste so that their vehicle stands apart in the crowd. However, there are some automobile enthusiasts, who purchase or already own an old vehicle and then restore or modify it according to their needs.
The vehicle in question over here is a 1991 Premier Padmini owned by Sandeep Shingade. The Padmini, which was based on the Fiat 1100, has been beautifully modified by RASN Designs, which is a Pune-based workshop and also deals in motorcycles. The Premier Padmini has been discontinued for quite a while now, but the iconic car continues to enjoy a cult following among automotive enthusiasts to date in the country.
As seen in the pictures, the car has been restored completely and has also received some modifications. Let's start with the paint job, the vehicle gets three coats of primer, two layers of base coat, and four layers of clear coat. The white and orange paint job has been done really nicely and the blue stripe between them gives it a sporty look.
At the front, the car gets smoked out headlight with colour changing LED parking bulbs, custom smoked out fog lights and indicators, custom number plate and a chrome crash guard. There are LED indicators fabricated nicely on either side of the front fenders.
Moving on, the car also gets customer sporty wheels and tyres and at the rear, it gets smoked out tail lamps. The fuel filler car has been retained like it came on the original car. The modified Padmini gets dual bottle-neck black exhaust tips that enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle.
On the inside, the car gets white and blue seat upholstery with a diamond-shaped pattern, a custom tachometer, voltmeter, and vacuum gauge placed at the center console, and some custom switches. The ceiling gets perforated rexine. The speedometer sourced from the original Italian Fiat and there are reading lights on the C-pillars.
The car also gets a SELM steering wheel with wooden-finish. Other features include a 2din player with 7-band equalizer and six speakers and a subwoofer, two USB ports for charging, and a pull-type engine starter.
The engine of this particular Padmini has also received a few modifications, like a new carburettor from an Esteem), custom exhaust headers and the engine bay has been painted to match the exterior of the car. Mechanically, the Premier Padmini was powered by a 1,089cc, naturally aspirated, inline4 petrol engine that produces 41bhp of power.
Thoughts About The Modified Premier Padmini By RASN Designs
This is one of the best examples of restoration for an old car, the Premier Padmini has also been given some modern touches so that the car does not look old fashioned.