- 6 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 21 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- News Delhi experiences humid morning
- Finance F&O July Series: NSE Adds Aditya Birla Fashion and 3 Other Stocks
- Education Patna HC Directs State Govt To Fill The Vacant Posts Of Commerce Teachers In Schools Within 6 Months
- Lifestyle Pooja Hegde Looks Like A Dream In Her Elegant Flower-Patterned Saree; Pictures Inside!
- Technology iQOO Gaming Event Announced To Find Big Gaming Streamers In India
- Movies Anupam Kher Shares Hilarious Video Of Man Who Did Not Recognize Him In Himachal Pradesh
- Sports ICC congratulate New Zealand for clinching World Test Championship title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Most people who buy a car or a motorcycle have the desire to modify it according to their taste so that their vehicle stands apart in the crowd. However, there are some automobile enthusiasts, who purchase or already own an old vehicle and then restore or modify it according to their needs.
The vehicle in question over here is a 1991 Premier Padmini owned by Sandeep Shingade. The Padmini, which was based on the Fiat 1100, has been beautifully modified by RASN Designs, which is a Pune-based workshop and also deals in motorcycles. The Premier Padmini has been discontinued for quite a while now, but the iconic car continues to enjoy a cult following among automotive enthusiasts to date in the country.
As seen in the pictures, the car has been restored completely and has also received some modifications. Let's start with the paint job, the vehicle gets three coats of primer, two layers of base coat, and four layers of clear coat. The white and orange paint job has been done really nicely and the blue stripe between them gives it a sporty look.
At the front, the car gets smoked out headlight with colour changing LED parking bulbs, custom smoked out fog lights and indicators, custom number plate and a chrome crash guard. There are LED indicators fabricated nicely on either side of the front fenders.
Moving on, the car also gets customer sporty wheels and tyres and at the rear, it gets smoked out tail lamps. The fuel filler car has been retained like it came on the original car. The modified Padmini gets dual bottle-neck black exhaust tips that enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle.
On the inside, the car gets white and blue seat upholstery with a diamond-shaped pattern, a custom tachometer, voltmeter, and vacuum gauge placed at the center console, and some custom switches. The ceiling gets perforated rexine. The speedometer sourced from the original Italian Fiat and there are reading lights on the C-pillars.
The car also gets a SELM steering wheel with wooden-finish. Other features include a 2din player with 7-band equalizer and six speakers and a subwoofer, two USB ports for charging, and a pull-type engine starter.
The engine of this particular Padmini has also received a few modifications, like a new carburettor from an Esteem), custom exhaust headers and the engine bay has been painted to match the exterior of the car. Mechanically, the Premier Padmini was powered by a 1,089cc, naturally aspirated, inline4 petrol engine that produces 41bhp of power.
Thoughts About The Modified Premier Padmini By RASN Designs
This is one of the best examples of restoration for an old car, the Premier Padmini has also been given some modern touches so that the car does not look old fashioned.