- 1 hr ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 5 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- 1 day ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- Sports FIBA Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers: Princepal Singh and Amaan Sandhu part of India squad for Window 1
- Movies Mafia, Ponniyin Selvan And Indian 2 To Face Trouble In Kerala Theaters
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 Render, Key Specs Surface
- Lifestyle Having A Nosebleed? Here's A Guide On How To Stop And Prevent It
- News Amit Shah to visit Arunachal on Thursday, to take part in Statehood Day event
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
The car sales report for the month of December 2019 has been released. The sales report showcases the performance of the top brands in the Indian market during the last month of the decade.
The last month of 2019 had a number of ups and downs in terms of sales performance in the Indian market, especially after what has been a tough year for all companies. The month saw an improvement in sales for Maruti Suzuki and Renault while sales of Kia dropped drastically, along with Hyundai, Tata and Toyota as well.
Here are the top-10 brands in the Indian market based on their sales performance in December 2019:
The table showcases Maruti Suzuki finally registering a growth in the Indian market. This comes after what has been a tough year for the brand in the country. Maruti Suzuki registered a growth of 2.5% in the month of December 2019 with 1,22,784 units of sales; compared to 1,19,804 units during the same month last year.
Hyundai is the second-largest brand in the country after Maruti Suzuki. The South Korean brand registered 37,953 units of sales in the previous month, a 10% decline from 42,093 units in December 2018. The company this year introduced a number of new products such as the Venue and the Grand i10 NIOS, along with updating the Elantra sedan as well.
The third spot on the list goes to Mahindra with 15,276 units of sales in December 2019. This is a 9% improvement over its sales during the same month last year. In the previous month, Mahindra also introduced the BS6-compliant XUV300 petrol, which allowed them to further improve as well.
Fourth and fifth on the list are Tata Motors and Renault. While Tata Motors has registered a decline of 10% in the Indian market, Renault, on the other hand, has managed to record a growth of 65% in the previous month.
Tata Motors registered sales of 12,785 units in the month of December 2019, compared to 14,260 units last year. Renault, however, grew from 7,263 units in December 2018 to 11,964 units in the previous month. The majority of the growth for Renault could be attributed to its newest offering in the market, the sub-4 metre Triber MPV.
The bottom five on the list include Honda, Toyota, Kia Motors, Volkswagen and Ford. Sales of Honda and Toyota declined by quite a significant margin in the last month. Both companies registered a fall of 36% and 45% in sales, respectively.
Kia Motors registered its first-ever decline in the Indian market. Launched in August 2019, the company had been improving sales drastically month-on-month.
However, after a major sales record of over 14,000 units in November, the Seltos managed just over 4,000 units in December 2019; a massive 67% decline in monthly sales. The company has now announced a hike in prices for the Seltos, which could further affect sales going forward — here is the new price list.
Volkswagen and Ford round-up the top-10 brands for December 2019. Both brands registered similar sales figures in the Indian market, with Volkswagen selling 3,483 units and Ford with 3,021 units of sales. However, while Volkswagen recorded a 24% increase compared to December 2018, Ford had a decline of 48% during the same time.
Thoughts On The Car Sales Report In India For December 2019
The car sales report in India for the month of December 2019, showcases a lot of ups and downs. The next few months will be interesting as we will see most manufacturers introduce updated versions of their products to comply with the upcoming stringent BS6 emission norms.