- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 3 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan On What Kind Of Project Will Make Him And Aishwarya Rai Reunite On Screen
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The self-drive car and bike rental Industry is expanding rapidly in India. This business is especially booming in places that see a lot of tourists. Till date, the drivers of these rented vehicles were facing a lot of problems from the local traffic authorities as they would insist on seeing a commercial badge of the drivers.
However, now the Union Government has clarified that only a valid passenger vehicle driving license will be enough when it comes to driving such rented vehicles, which is such a relief to the drivers. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued advisory based on the issues received from certain stakeholders in implementing self drive cab rental schemes. It says, "The person driving the Commercial Vehicle carrying the valid driving license /IDP and a copy of license for renting a motor cab (Form 3/4) or for the motorcycle (Form 2) of respective scheme should not be insisted for any badge."
In other recent auto news, Jeep has finally taken the wraps off the 2021 Compass facelift SUV globally. The new Jeep Compass facelift features a number of updates, both in terms of cosmetic, as well as mechanical. The new Compass facelift SUV also receives a host of added features and equipment as well.
The new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, along with the brand's UConnect 5 technology. Mechanically the new SUV now comes with an all-new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.4-litre unit.
Moreover, the new 1.3-litre engine comes in two state-of-tunes, producing 128bhp and 148bhp of power and 270Nm of peak torque. The unit with a lower state-of-tune will be mated to a six-speed manual, while the other will receive a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission option as well. Globally, the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift will also be powered by a 1.6-litre MultiJet diesel engine, which will produce 118bhp and 320Nm of torque. We expect Jeep to continue using the current 2.0-litre diesel unit in India, which has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms.
Thoughts About The Car & Bike Rental Services
These vehicles are used by tourists, corporate officials, business travellers, etc. India has many companies that offer self-drive car rentals like Zoomcar, Revv and Myles and with this decision taken by the Government will ease the lives of the drivers.