- 29 min ago Toyota To Launch The Limited-Edition Fortuner In India Soon
- 8 hrs ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Power & Torque Figures Revealed: Becomes Less Powerful
- 8 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol-Hybrid Details Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 9 hrs ago New Hyundai Elantra Official Walkaround Video Released: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Movies Sushmita Sen To Make Acting Comeback And Digital Debut With Ram Madhvani’s Web Series Titled Aarya
- News UN Security Council to discuss COVID-19 pandemic in closed session today
- Sports Coronavirus: World Athletics suspends Olympics qualification period until December
- Lifestyle 7 Things You Should Know About The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Technology How To Get 84GB 4G Data Per Month From Vodafone, Airtel, And Reliance Jio
- Finance Get Doorstep Delivery Of Cash From Your Bank A/c In Kerala From April 8 Amid Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
BMW India has silently updated its website, now listing out the new 8 Series Gran Coupe. This indicates that the new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe could be introduced in the Indian market soon. The new BMW 8 Series already made its first India debut at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2020.
The introduction of the BMW 8 series was expected soon after the launch of the new X7 and the 7 Series. However, with the coronavirus pandemic putting the country under lockdown, we might have to wait a little longer.
The new 8 Series, is offered internationally in three body styles: coupe, convertible and a four-door Gran Coupe. We expect the German brand to bring just the Gran Coupe version to the Indian market, at least initially. BMW might also introduce the Coupe version, however, this will come in the form of the top-spec M8 trim.
Internationally, the BMW 8 Series is offered with a choice of three engine options. This includes the 840i, 850d and the M850i. However, once introduced in India, BMW could bring in just the base 840i variant. This comes with a straight-six turbo-petrol engine producing 340bhp and 500Nm of peak torque.
The top-spec M8 and M8 Competition, on the other hand, are offered with a more powerful 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine with different state-of-tunes. The engine on the standard M8 produces 590bhp while on the M8 Competition it churns out 616bhp.
The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is said to be longer and wider than the standard Coupe. This allows it to come with a four-door configuration with a capacity of seating three people in the second-row. However, BMW themselves state that the second row is suitable for short distances only.
Once introduced in India, the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe will be positioned above the current flagship sedan, the 7 Series. Once introduced in the Indian market, the new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe will directly take on rivals such as the Porsche Panamera and the upcoming Mercedes-Benz GT 4-door.
Thoughts On The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe In India
The BMW 8 series is an iconic moniker in the brand's heritage. The new 8 Series continues to pay tribute to the BMW heritage, while also offering a host of modern technology and features as well. Once introduced in India, the new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 1.5 crore, ex-showroom.