- 28 min ago Skoda Rapid CNG Spotted Testing For First Time Ahead Of Launch In India: Pics & Details
- 59 min ago New Hyundai i20 India Launch Date Announced: Bookings Now Open Across India For Rs 21,000
- 1 hr ago Indian Motorcycle Announces 2021 Model Line-up In India: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Okinawa Electric Scooter Festive Offers 2020: Assured Gift, Lucky Draw & More
- Sports India in Australia: Opportunity for me to do well: Ishan Porel
- Movies When Sussanne Khan Got Teary-Eyed After Watching Hrithik Roshan's Performance In Mission Kashmir
- Technology Reliance Jio Launches JioMart Gameathon; How To Register
- News 'PM has 6 siblings': Tejashwi Yadav on Nitish Kumar's '8-9 Children' jibe
- Lifestyle A Suitable Boy Actress Tanya Maniktala Inspires Us To Update Our Wardrobe With Modern Festive Wear
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2020 Declared, Check Result Link And Merit List
- Finance Tata Motors Q2FY21 Net Loss At Rs. 307 Crore; Beats Street Estimates
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will be launched in the Indian market On October 15, 2020. The new 2 Series will be placed below the current 3 Series sedan model, making it the new entry-level sedan for the brand in India.
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is one of the newest models in the brand's global portfolio. The new 2-Series Gran Coupe made its global debut during November 2019. The sedan is based on the company's modular FAAR platform, with a front-wheel-drive configuration.
The FAAR platform has been derived from the Mini brand which is part of the BMW Group. The company claims the platform will offer a spacious cabin and help reduce manufacturing cost as well.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe measures 4,526mm in length, 1,800mm in width, 1,420mm in height and features a wheelbase length of 2,670mm. In comparison, the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine which rivals the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe features a longer wheelbase of 59mm.
The 2 Series Gran Coupe global-spec model is offered with two engine options: the ‘220i' 2.0-litre petrol engine, producing 192bhp, and the ‘220d' 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 190bhp. Both engines will come mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox. The Indian-spec model is expected to receive only the 2.0-litre diesel unit.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe borrows its design inspiration from its elder sibling, the 8-Series Gran Coupe. The upcoming sedan features LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, a large kidney grille, LED fog lamps, and a sporty lower intake.
At the rear, the sedan features a sloping roofline with a sculpted boot lid, dual exhaust pipes, and LED tail lamps inspired by the 8-Series Gran Coupe, and a host of other features.
On the inside, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will feature two large displays for the instrument cluster and infotainment system, respectively. The sedan is expected to feature the brand's connected technology to control the car via a smartphone application along with BMW's latest iDrive system. Some of the other features include rear air-con vents, wireless smartphone charging and much more.
According to recent reports, the upcoming 2-Series Gran Coupe will be available at select dealerships across the country. Once launched in India, the 2 Series Gran Coupe is expected to retail at Rs 33 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch
Luxury carmakers in India are looking to introduce a new model offering to its fans and customers during the festive season. Once launched, the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe will rival the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine in the Indian market.