- 1 hr ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- News Farmers reject govt’s offer to suspend farm laws for 18 months, demand repeal
- Sports Tokyo Olympics could go ahead without fans, predicts former IOC vice president Dick Pound
- Technology BSNL Offering Lifetime Validity To Few Customers
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Movies Prabhas’ Uncle Krishnam Raju Responds To Rebel Star’s Wedding Rumours; Here’s What He Has To Say!
- Education Do You Know Why India Celebrates Republic Day?
- Finance 4 Secure Investments To Claim Tax Benefits Under Section 80C
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The three-wheeler passenger carrier segment of the Indian market, better known as autorickshaws have suffered a massive decline in sales in April-October 2020, compared to the same period in 2019.
The segment has fallen by 85 per cent, registering just 49,544 units of total sales, compared to 3.30 lakh units of sales during the period of April - October 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown has taken away a major chunk of the sales, with the segment struggling to get back to normal. This along with the increase in demand for personal mobility is said to have further dented the sales in the segment.
|Rank||OEM||Model||April-October 2020||April-October 2019||Percentage|
|11||Scooters India||Vidyut Passenger||11||0||-|
|13||Scooters India||Vikram 450D||0||544||-100%|
|15||Scooters India||Vikram 1500CG||0||111||-100%|
|16||Scooters India||Vikram 750D AC||0||697||-100%|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Bajaj has managed to dominate the sales in the segment, with its RE and Maxima offerings. What is interesting to see is that the sales of the Bajaj RE alone in April-October 2019 is 3 times more than the total segment sales in 2020. The Bajaj RE registered 16,363 units of sales between the April-October 2020 period, with its sibling, the Maxima coming in second with a little over 12,000 units of sales.
The Piaggio models Ape Auto and Ape City come in third and fourth, respectively. The Piaggio Ape Auto registered 6,492 units and the Ape City recorded 4,224 units of sales during the period. TVS King 4S with 3,591 units of sales completes the top-five three-wheeler models in India between the April-October 2020 sales period.