- 28 min ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 15 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 17 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- News Farm bills: Congress to begin two-month nationwide mass movement today
- Movies Vicky Donor Actor Bhupesh Kumar Pandya Passes Away Due To Lung Cancer; Celebs Mourn His Demise
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: Rohit Sharma is now fourth in the 'hit' list!
- Finance This Pharma Stock Has Promising Outlook And An Upgrade From Sharekhan
- Technology Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
The list for the best-selling MPVs in India for the month of July 2020 has been released. The list showcases the Maruti Ertiga MPV registering the highest sales to become the segment-leader for the month of July 2020. The Mahindra Bolero and the Renault Triber also seem to have had a solid performance, coming up second and third, respectively. Here is a look at the top-10 best-selling MPVs In India during the previous month of July 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has registered the highest sales in the segment with 8,504 units. This is, however, a drop of around 8 per cent from 9,222 units of sales during the same month last year.
Following the Maruti Ertiga is the Mahindra Bolero, which comes in the second position on the top-10 MPV sales list. The Mahindra Bolero registered 4,360 units of sales in the previous month; almost half of the Ertiga positioned above it on the list. The Bolero sales have declined compared to July 2020, although with just a marginal 2 per cent difference.
The Renault Triber came in third with 3,067 units in the month of July 2020. The Triber has received an extremely good response in the Indian market as a budget-friendly seven-seater MPV, allowing the French carmaker to register consistent month-on-month volume sales in the country.
The Toyota Innova Crysta came in fourth on the list. The popular people-mover MPV from the Japanese brand registered 2,927 units of sales in July 2020. This is a massive 40 per cent decline in sales compared to the same month last year, when the Innova recorded a much better sales of close to 5000 units.
Completing the top-five on the list is the premium six-seater iteration of the Ertiga, the XL6. The Suzuki XL6 registered 1,874 units of sales last month. The premium six-seater version of the Ertiga is sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships and comes with a host of changes, updates and added features, to justify its premium-ness.
|4||Toyota Innova Crysta||2,927|
Just outside the top-five is the Kia Carnival. The premium luxury MPV from the South Korean carmaker registered 232 units of sales in the previous month. The Kia Carnival was launched in India at the 2020 Auto Expo, held earlier this year in February.
The Kia Carnival overtakes other MPV offerings such as the Datsun GO+ and the Mahindra Marazzo, positioned at seventh and eighth respectively. The Datsun GO+ recorded 57 units of sales, while the Mahindra Marazzo registered just 20 units. This is a massive drop in terms of yearly sales figures.
The bottom two on the top-10 list consists of the Toyota Vellfire and the Mahindra Xylo. The Toyota Vellfire is an uber-luxurious MPV offering from the brand, with a price tag of over 90 lakh, ex-showroom. The Vellfire still managed to register 16 units of sales in the month of July 2020. The Mahindra Xylo came in last, however, the MPV has been discontinued in the Indian market resulting in 0 units of sales in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling MPV In India For July 2020
The Maruti Ertiga MPV has retained the top-slot as the segment-leader in the Indian market or yet another month. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has had a successful month of July with over 10,000 units of combined sales from both the Ertiga and the XL6 offerings.