- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 10 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- News IHCL & AB INBEV launch 7Rivers BREWPUB at Taj MG Road, Bengaluru
- Sports IPL 2020: Skipper MS Dhoni says 'Chennai Super Kings lacking a bit of steam in the batting department'
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The list of India's best-selling cars for the month of July 2020 has been released. The list showcases Maruti Suzuki back on top, occupying seven of the top-10 slots. Among them, the Maruti Suzuki Alto hatchback has retained the title of the best-selling car India, after managing to register the highest sales in the previous month.
Maruti Suzuki Alto, the entry-level hatchback from the brand registered 13,654 units of sales in the month of July 2020. This is a substantial 18 per cent growth compared to the same month in 2019 when the hatchback recorded close to 11,600 units of sales. The Maruti Alto hatchback regained the title of India's best-selling car in June, after losing out to the Hyundai Creta in May 2020.
Following the Maruti Alto is the WagonR hatchback in second place. The Maruti WagonR came in second on the list after registering 13,515 units of sales. This is, however, a 10 per cent drop compared to its sales in July 2019 which were higher at 15,062 units.
The third on the list is the brand's premium hatchback, the Baleno. The Suzuki Baleno sold exclusively through the premium NEXA dealerships registered 11,575 units of sales last month, which is 10 per cent higher than its sales in July 2019 which recorded 10,482 units.
Close behind the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is the Hyundai Creta in fourth place. The Creta SUV is currently the best-selling SUV in India and registered 11,459 units of sales in July 2020. This is a massive 75 per cent increase in yearly sales, compared to 6,585 units during the same month last year.
Finishing the top five on the list is yet another Maruti Suzuki product in the form of the Swift hatchback. The Maruti Swift registered 10,173 units of sales in July 2020; a 20 per cent drop in sales when compared to July of last year when it recorded a higher 12,677 units.
|9||Hyundai i10 Grand||8,368||5,081||65|
|11||Maruti Vitara Brezza||7,807||5,302||47|
|13||Hyundai i20 Elite||6,344||9,012||-30|
|23||Toyota Innova Crysta||2,927||4,865||-40|
Following the Swift are three other Maruti Suzuki offerings, the Dzire, Ertiga and Eeco in sixth, seventh and eighth place, respectively. The Maruti Dzire registered 9,046 units in July 2020, while the Ertiga and Eeco registered similar sales of 8,504 and 8,501 units each during the same period.
The Hyundai Grand i10 came in ninth after registering a massive 65 per cent growth in yearly sales from 5,081 units in July 2019 to 8,368 units last month. The Kia Seltos occupied the last position in the top-10 with 8,270 units. Kia Motors also recently announced that they achieved the 1 lakh sales milestone in India, within 11 months of them entering the Indian market — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020
The Maruti Alto has regained the title of being the top-selling car in the Indian market for two months in a row, post the lockdown. The sales figures also show that demand for cars in the market is slowly creeping back to pre-COVID-19 levels, which is a good sign, especially with the upcoming festive season.