- 36 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- News With 159 new cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally crosses 1,200 mark
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Financial year 2019-20 came to a close recently. The year has been a tough period for many vehicle manufacturers, who have faced declining sales consistently throughout the year. However, the last month of March 2020 has definitely been the worst so far. This is mainly due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has put the entire country under lockdown.
Looking back at the previous financial year between April 2019 to March 2020, here are the top-25 cars which registered the highest sales. According to Autopunditz.com, these 25 cars accounted for over 82% of the total car sales in the year. Here is the entire top-25 list of best-selling cars in the Financial Year 2019 - 20.
Starting off at the top of the list is the Maruti Suzuki Alto, the entry-level hatchback from India's largest four-wheeler manufacturer. The company registered 1,90,814 units of sales from the Alto hatchback in India. This, however, is a decline of 26% compared to the FY 2018-19 when the hatchback recorded almost 2.60 lakh units of sales.
Following the Alto is the Swift and the Baleno in second and third position, respectively. The Maruti Swift is one of the popular hatchback offerings in the country, registering 1,87,916 units of sales. The Maruti Baleno registered close 1,80,413 units of sales. Both of them also faced a similar decline of around 15% in sales compared to FY 2018-19.
Following the Baleno were the Dzire, WagonR, Eeco and the Vitara Brezza, occupying most of the top-10 slots. The Maruti Dzire and the Vitara Brezza both registered a decline of around 30% in sales, while the WagonR and Eeco managed to record positive growths.
25 Top-Selling Cars In India For The Financial Year 2019-20
|Rank||Model||FY 2019 - 20||FY 2018-19|
|7||Maruti Vitara Brezza||1,10,641||1,57,880|
|8||Hyundai Elite i20||1,08,091||1,40,225|
|9||Hyundai Grand i10||99,592||1,26,041|
|18||Toyota Innova Crysta||53,686||77,924|
The only non-Maruti Suzuki models in the top-10 came in the form of the Hyundai Elite i20, i20 Grand and Venue. They occupied the eighth, ninth and tenth spot on the list, respectively.
The Kia Seltos and the Mahindra Bolero registered as the only two non-Maruti and non-Hyundai models in the top-15. The Seltos registered close to 82,000 units since its launch in August 2019 while the Bolero came in at fifteenth position with 59,045 units of sales.
Thoughts On The 25 Top-Selling Cars In India For The Financial Year 2019 -20
It is no surprise to see the Maruti Alto as the best-selling car from the previous financial year. The entry-level hatchback has been one of the most popular offerings in India for years now. What is interesting to see is the entry of Kia Seltos among the top-15, considering its launch in India took place in August 2019.