- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Bentley Motors has suspended production from its manufacturing plant at Crewe, UK. The production will be suspended until April 20 due to the Coronavirus crisis.
Bentley has taken this decision amidst the accelerated rate of infection by Coronavirus and the restrictions applied to follow social distancing. The decision will result in the interruptions of the supply chain, and a significant decline in demand on some automotive markets. However, the decision also ensures the safekeeping of the company's employees, their families and communities.
The core business functions of the company will continue throughout the shutdown with employees working remotely across the globe. The top-management have reviewed the possibilities of working from home, with the company launching its largest-ever program of remote working.
"The well-being of our colleagues is our number one priority and although this was a difficult decision to take, and doesn't change our strategic direction, it was necessary to protect them as best we can during these unprecedented times. This will inevitably have an impact on our deliveries to customers, and we apologise for the inconvenience this causes, however, we are working hard to minimize this disruption. Our thoughts continue to go out to all those affected around the world throughout this very sad and difficult time for so many people."
Bentley has also taken other safety measures to avoid spreading of the virus. These include a change in the operations at the company canteen, and shops, introducing safe behaviours without any contact, and closing the company gym facilities as well. Also, all meetings will be held online, and all major events have been postponed or cancelled. The company has also instructed to halt all business trips including other countries and trips between locations.
In other news, Volkswagen has also halted their European operations across various countries in the continent. There are many jobs at stake in the Auto Sector due to the current crisis — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Bentley Motors Halts Production Until April 20 Due To Coronavirus Crisis
Auto manufactures across the globe are taking serious measures ensuring the safety and wellbeing of their employees. Bentley Motors is one of the oldest automakers in the industry and it has taken this bold step and to help stop the current virus crisis. There would be a significant slowdown in operation and sales of vehicles across the globe due to the pandemic. However, these measures are necessary measures taken by manufacturers to prevent further spreading of the virus.