- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Volkswagen owned & England based auto manufacturer, Bentley Motors, has announced a resumption of operations at its headquarters in Crewe, Cheshire. The company announced that they were restarting operations with 1,700 employees.
Bentley Motors also stated that its workforce was following a set of comprehensive and wide-ranging hygiene and social distancing guidelines to ensure their own and others' safety. The guidelines have been implemented to enable a safe return to a post Covid-19 world.
As a part of the brand's 'Come Back Stronger' program, the company will focus on a ‘phased production scale-up' following the biggest changes to daily working life. The company also announced a detailed insight into the new working patterns, operations, and environments during briefing and training sessions that promoted social distancing.
Bentley's employees returned to a redesigned manufacturing facility which incorporates a two-meter distance between workers, and supports one-way movement paths and traffic flows. The company has also reconfigured washrooms across the facility to reduce the number of people being able to use them.
Mr Adrian Hallmark, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Bentley Motors, said "Now is the right time for the business to come back stronger. We have introduced extensive new working measures to protect our colleagues, our families and our customers and we are confident, following the work of so many people, that being at Bentley will be as safe for our colleagues as being anywhere else."
The company has installed plastic partitions that have been designed and manufactured in-house, within the office areas and inside catering facilities. These partitions offer segregation between employees while also controlling measures limiting capacity, staggered times and distanced seating.
The manufacturer has introduced strict measures in order to control the population density at the facility at any given time with all entry and exit points reviewed and reconfigured to disperse the volume of people.
The brand's Bentayga and Mulsanne production lines will be joined by the company's Continental GT and Flying Spur lines, production of which is scheduled to commence on 16 May.
The production runs on each line are limited to only 50 per cent for the next few weeks. Bentley Motors has also ensured that each product cell now spreads over two stages ensuring sufficient distance between workers. The remaining manufacturing workers are expected to return to work closer to the middle of June based on present assumptions and government supervision.
Thoughts About Bentley Motors Resuming Operations At Their Crewe Facility
Like we've said earlier, manufacturers resuming operations is a fantastic thing, however, it is only one side of the game. Customers have to start purchasing vehicles to help the economy. Of course, that really doesn't matter when you're buying a Bentley, does it?