- 5 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 7 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Electric vehicles are said to be the future of mobility as our natural resources (petrol & diesel) are getting scarce. Manufacturers are focusing on getting better EVs on the roads. One thing that is a disadvantage in an electric vehicle is the range.
To overcome the range problem, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has come up with a battery swapping facility for quick charging of electric vehicles, with a first of a kind Quick Interchange Service (QIS) at an Indian Oil pump in Chandigarh.
Initially, the battery swapping will be targeted more towards the commercial segment, which means electric autos, rickshaws and electric 2-wheelers where the electric vehicle is factory fitted or retrofitted.
Indian Oil has also signed a non-binding strategic cooperation document with Sun Mobility. This has been done for setting up energy infrastructure for electric vehicles through the battery swapping method across Indian Oil outlets in New Delhi, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chandigarh and Amritsar. These outlets will have 14 batteries, a touch screen for swapping preloaded cards and an electricity sub-meter.
In other recent auto news, the Hyundai Venue has crossed the 1 lakh units sales mark since its inception last year. The company has sold 97,400 units of the Venue in India and more than 7,400 units in the international markets.
The company also mentioned that nearly 44 percent of Venue sales coming from the Kappa 1.0-litre T-GDi Petrol engine, making it the most popular engine and 30 percent of the contribution is from the advanced 1.5-litre U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 engine. Moreover, over 30,000 customers have opted for Venue variants with BlueLink Connected Technology.
Hyundai also recently launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in two variants: SX and SX(O). The Elantra diesel is available at a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh for the base and Rs 20.65 lakh for the top-end one (all prices are ex-showroom).
Thoughts About the Battery Swapping Method For Electric Vehicles
Indian Oil by doing this has done a really good job because not only this will help put the electric vehicles to its full potential, but also, save the environment at the same time.